Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

5.3L 4x4 vs. SS Intimidator

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3L 4x4 vs. SS Intimidator

I got to have a little fun today. I made a quick run to check out where the place is that I have and interview at tomorrow and on the way back I came up on an nice looking Silverado SS with the Intimidator package. I cruised past him and I noticed he started to speed up a little. We just paced at about 65-70 for a few seconds, I think he was waiting for me to punch it so I did. I'm sure he was expecting to immediately jump out ahead of me but I pulled ahead and we just ran side by side. Did this a couple more time with the same result I didn't even look at the speedo, but we could only get in some short runs like (65-90 mph) due to the traffic that kept getting in the way.

I was hoping to get stopped at a light to get in a nice run from a dig, but the light we hit had another guy in one of the lanes. So at the light he was behind me I started out just fast enough to get by the POS in the other lane. Then I nailed it to see if he could keep up. Not real sure what he did behind me, but once I got the jump he wasn't able to catch me. Then I slowed down and he got beside me and rolled the window down and was trying to ask me if I had my truck programed, but I couldn't hear so I pointed to a place to pull over. I think he was surprised that my stock looking truck ran so well. I told him I programed it my self and had a couple other goodies. He said his was a stock 6.0l SS.

After the short stop we rolled back out on the highway going kinda slow I got up beside him and we just paced at around 30 mph there are two stop light close so I was hoping again to hit one red, but no luck. After we got passed the second light I decided to give it hell from about a 30 roll. It was a damn close race. I got the initial jump and he slowly pulled on me maybe a front tire ahead then when I hit 2nd I pulled back up on him and he started pulling up on me again he got about a tire ahead again and I stayed with him until he let off so he could turn around and go wherever he needed to go. I was pretty darn happy that my 5.3l was able to hang with a stock SS. Now it's about time to get my cam put in and see what happens
Sorry for being so long winded, I don't get many races around here.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Nice Kill! man
Old 06-18-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

the SS disappoints me.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Good kill! Atleast he was pretty cool about it...

P.S. You will love that cam just in case I haven't told you before (which I have)...
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya the guy was real cool. He seemed very surprised about how well my truck ran. He said he usually has no problem pulling away from a stock 5.3l. For some reason he just could get away from my stock "looking" truck.

Can anyone tell me if that SS intimidator package is 2wd or Awd? From what I could find it looks like they were only made in 2006?

I'm sure with a tune he would of easily kicked my ***, but I feel good that my 100k mile 4x4 was able to run with a Stock SS since I'm sure my truck+mods cost less than the SS and I'm a cheap bastard.

Originally Posted by thiems
P.S. You will love that cam just in case I haven't told you before (which I have)...
Ya I'm ready to get it in and see how it runs. I would like to get over to the track for a couple runs so I have a before cam time to compare to, but in the grand scheme of things I guess I don't really care about times as longs as it's fun to drive.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all intimidators are 06 and 2wd.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rivierakid55
all intimidators are 06 and 2wd.
That is what I thought. Thanks for the conformation.