Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

60 to 130 race with a harley davidson f150?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60 to 130 race with a harley davidson f150?!

im gonna give the details of the race and then ive got a question.
well me my girlfriend and my buddy are on our way back from SA at nelson's getting a street tune done and this f150 hd flys past me going about 90 or so. and my buddy says go get his ***, so i catch up to him when he gets slowed down by traffic, but as soon as it clears he romps on it and so do i. i would say neither one of us gained any ground on the other(kinda hard to tell since he was in front of us) but if i gained or he gained it wasn't noticeable up to about 90 then all the sudden he takes off like a rocket and this is not a slow steady pull we're talkin 8-10 trucks lengths by 120 or so. my question is how fast are these trucks stock. cuz i went to the track the night before with no learn time on the tune and went 14.47. so i should've been a little faster when i raced him because the tune had a little time to learn. the only thing i can think of is he sprayed me. i hate to sound like a sore loser but damn i havent been pulled like that since i raced an 12 sec. ricer when my truck was stock. what the hell happened!
Old 08-28-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never know, he may have just been playing with you at first, then layed then hammer down. He could have been far from stock. Had a guy in a reg. cab sierra pull up on me the other day. He had no idea what he was getting into, but he found out in a hurry.
He probably was not stock. I think they run low 14's stock, but also, he would definatley have the advantage up top even if he was.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Launching!

The HD f150's can and do run into the 14's,13's,12's,11's and a few run 10's. Just depends on there mods. They are just a long version of the Lightning.
Just Mod away and then go getem next time!

Scott
Old 08-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Teching In

i dont kno just how fast they are but i do kno that heavy *** truck aint puttin out near as much as it should be. i raced one and sstayed dead even with it all the way till abt 75 then we let off. so i dont kno if anything he had to have been modded
Old 08-28-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sumoitalian
i dont kno just how fast they are but i do kno that heavy *** truck aint puttin out near as much as it should be. i raced one and sstayed dead even with it all the way till abt 75 then we let off. so i dont kno if anything he had to have been modded
There is more than one version of the HD's. There's a NA and a S/C'd model, just depends on what year you got ahold of.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

yeah i left a N/A hd with no problems. i would expect to get my *** handed to me by a SC Harley eddition
Old 08-29-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
yeah i left a N/A hd with no problems. i would expect to get my *** handed to me by a SC Harley eddition

stock SC Harleys are not that fast, I hang with one once, we went at it for about 6x and always had the same results, this was from a 60-100mph... but I sure have heard that they respond real good to mods so they can sure be alot faster....
Old 08-29-2005, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do respond well to mods, I ran one 2 weeks ago at the track and he had a 6# lower pulley, kenne bell throttle body, exhaust, and intake. He said he had 13.60's. We were running at an 1/8th mile track though. I surprised him when I won in a 02 Silverado 4.8l, but that big truck ran good! The video is up at performance trucks videos. You can definetly hear that blower whine!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

well i can almost guarantee that he was in it cuz you could hear his loud *** exhaust. but whats weird is that when we both nailed it he couldn't pull me until about 90 so i would think that if he was modded that good then it would have been a steady pull from when we first hit it. thats why i think he sprayed. from what ive been told is the sc pull real hard from down low and mid range and the turbos pull hard mid range and top end. but anyway from the looks of it even if he didnt spray then i bet i would drag his *** in the 1/4!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

There's a black one that goes out to HRP that will crack some ***. Trust me, I learned first hand. He must have been running mid 12's

Quick Reply: 60 to 130 race with a harley davidson f150?!