Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

7845 vs aeroking

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Would someone please just give this idiot the boot like was done before.... I just re-read this thread and the stuff he goes around advertising is as accurate as a shotgun at 150yds with no choke and bird shot...

Its a commonly known fact that AWD with any kind of power at all is definitely effective on the street...

Your benchracing barstool is exactly like that hodge-podge setup in your truck.... Flawed and mismatched... Please just go away and leave the big kids to their game, you need to go back to elementary school.

(Pauses and waits for hilarious comment )
Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7845
nothing crazy. listend to others and read. Flaco -4 pinion, dude with the red RCLB with the 427 hsi is around -4 on DRs. he yanks the wheels. there are others that run negative pinion.

for me im on 295/65/15s i have my pinion at -3.5 im using my overloads with snubbers on them. id say its a combo of control of clutch, 488s,tires and pinion angle. i can easily floor first gear thru 4th and not once spin or bark the tires. this is first time ever using a negative pinion. i did the homework and listend to othes and seems to be working

Is your front still cut v6 springs and Edelbrocks? I did my front drop like that and holy **** does it transfer well; a lot more than I expected. I'm glad I took your advice on it.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa, this is getting nasty. Not sure if dudebro needs to be banned over this, it seems like a good enough thread. Good argument, left and right opinions.... Plus he's not being vulgar or threatening like people were the last time the ban hammer came down. 7845, are you saying the weight of 4wd or Awd is the downside? Cause I used to think the same way until I found a smokin deal on a 4wd. Only ever got stuck once when I buried my lowered truck in hard packed snow. Not trying to be a jerk here, but if it's about weight, wouldn't a truck be a poor candidate to mod in the first place? Wouldn't an F body or something lighter run way harder with all that nice hardware you've got? Your setup sounds bitchin, but it also sounds like you're breaking lots of T56 parts. I'm sure T56 clutches are expensive bits, and I know you wouldn't need to slip your clutch hard with all 4 wheels grabbing. I kinda think 4wd is the way to go if you're modding a truck. Lemme know what you think, I don't think this is a bad thread at all.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The problem Wytt is that he was banned under another s/n, now hes back trolling like before spreading his BS...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by beastmode
Do you seriously have a book of bullshit hidden somewhere that you read from on a daily basis??

First things first... if you getting traction at the FLDs with RWD... I hate to break it to ya, your truck is slow, I say this because my "Slow" Sierra with my (what you claimed to be junk) converter, a set of 3.73s on ET streets was spinning the ***** off until about halfway.

Second thing, you are racing a truck that is clearly not running properly and even if it is, beating a 1.8-1.9 60 on the street is not braggin much, especially when your running on DRs. Race one of those 11 second EVOs from a dig on the street then tell me the result

Parish wanted 2WD to go for a certain time (AT THE TRACK).

Yes a 13-14 second RWD is gonna beat a 13-14 second AWD on the street... if your satisfied with that fine... but when you start racing 12 and 11 second cars/trucks on the street... then come see me, until then /of thread

The best part about this whole story is... the 4WD diesels werent even there and you wanna shoot your mouth off, that Cummins woulda made you sell your truck cause he destroyed you so bad.
wtf do you think you are? you havent yet got a 12slip and your going to talk **** on me. you have no idea on what racing is. you act like youve done it for years bill.

so my truck is slow cause it hooked up? so i guess anyone that hooks at FLD is slow? get out of here. if you think my truck is so slow lets line them up, you need to realize what your talking about before you come at me.

RWD has been around since day one in drag racing. if AWD was so much better then tell tony christian that he needs to add another axle.

O BTW the banks seirra is 2wd and is what 8s?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
The problem Wytt is that he was banned under another s/n, now hes back trolling like before spreading his BS...
i was banned not cause of info but cause a local ******* cried to an admin after i said i was going to confort him. so i guess cry babies have the right away? so your saying my truck s a mix match of parts? ok what do you ahve that is compariable?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
Whoa, this is getting nasty. Not sure if dudebro needs to be banned over this, it seems like a good enough thread. Good argument, left and right opinions.... Plus he's not being vulgar or threatening like people were the last time the ban hammer came down. 7845, are you saying the weight of 4wd or Awd is the downside? Cause I used to think the same way until I found a smokin deal on a 4wd. Only ever got stuck once when I buried my lowered truck in hard packed snow. Not trying to be a jerk here, but if it's about weight, wouldn't a truck be a poor candidate to mod in the first place? Wouldn't an F body or something lighter run way harder with all that nice hardware you've got? Your setup sounds bitchin, but it also sounds like you're breaking lots of T56 parts. I'm sure T56 clutches are expensive bits, and I know you wouldn't need to slip your clutch hard with all 4 wheels grabbing. I kinda think 4wd is the way to go if you're modding a truck. Lemme know what you think, I don't think this is a bad thread at all.
the parts breaking from the t56 are little things like GM had never intended. a plastic pedal and the clutch pushrod bent. the clutch holding well never know till you try it. as for me slipping the clutch i wasnt using 2step yet still learning the truck. when i race a manual i either slip or dump dpending on track prep and suspension setup.

as for 4wd it has its place yes i just dont see a total an advantage in drag racing. ppl say 4 tires hooking but wouldnt that be a bandaid type of thing? just look at hard core drag setups...all rwd............the point of this thread was just as any other to speak on how my setup is doing. the other racer came in and spoke his words. see brandon aka aeroking praised up and down that AWD is greatr then rwd. which in fact its not, now hes making excuses sayng i was on DRs. i guess a DOT legal tire isnt legal to use. then ppl that have hard ons for me came into it and started bs. this could of ended after 3 pages
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7845
wtf do you think you are? you havent yet got a 12slip and your going to talk **** on me. you have no idea on what racing is. you act like youve done it for years bill.

so my truck is slow cause it hooked up? so i guess anyone that hooks at FLD is slow? get out of here. if you think my truck is so slow lets line them up, you need to realize what your talking about before you come at me.

RWD has been around since day one in drag racing. if AWD was so much better then tell tony christian that he needs to add another axle.

O BTW the banks seirra is 2wd and is what 8s?

wtf does a 12 sec slip have to do with anything??? and yes I agree, ON THE TRACK RWD is much better, ill take it any day, on the street, if you race a flat 11 second AWD vehicle with a flat 11 second RWD vehicle... your gonna lose, that has nothing to do with knowing anything about racing and how long ive raced for... its called common mother ******* sense.... at a certain point you cant hook with your DRs on the street. and I also agree that when you get to a certain point... the AWD does hurt you, but until then... race a vehicle that is actually 60ing what you 60 on the street... dont give me that you be Brandon bullshit
Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by StrokerAce03
Is your front still cut v6 springs and Edelbrocks? I did my front drop like that and holy **** does it transfer well; a lot more than I expected. I'm glad I took your advice on it.
yes V6 up front, stock with DJM out back. IAS shocks on all four corners. rear pinion is set at -3.5, overload spring bumpers and my batter is under the bed on the passengerside back where the spare tire was. im on MT DRs im not using anything thats crazy. just things other racers have done

glad it works for you, ppl in fbodys swap to v6 stuff for better transfer, ppl in foxbodys swap to 4 banger stuff for better weight transfer..same principle here
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by beastmode
wtf does a 12 sec slip have to do with anything??? and yes I agree, ON THE TRACK RWD is much better, ill take it any day, on the street, if you race a flat 11 second AWD vehicle with a flat 11 second RWD vehicle... your gonna lose, that has nothing to do with knowing anything about racing and how long ive raced for... its called common mother ******* sense.... at a certain point you cant hook with your DRs on the street. and I also agree that when you get to a certain point... the AWD does hurt you, but until then... race a vehicle that is actually 60ing what you 60 on the street... dont give me that you be Brandon bullshit
you just said a 11s vs 11s will lose? go actually do some street racing dude. go watch videos. go tell brian that his pewterss didnt pul the wheels on hte street using DOT tires, go tell larry that his 3rd gen doesnt yank wheels either using DOT tires, how about Mike aka Silver with his 00 trans am with v6 suspension beating Kurt and his eagle talon. those are only a few examples of properly dialed in cars and the last one being awd

the point of hte slip is your calling me slow and you have no idea what your taling about.

Quick Reply: 7845 vs aeroking