Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

84 scottsdale vs. z28. vs mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 scottsdale vs. z28. vs mustang gt

Well I was taking my Girlfriend home tonight in the truck, and I had a buncha kids from school fly past me in their mid 90's mustang gt and whip infront of me, at first I didnt really care, but then, a cherry red z28 convertable pulls along side me. This is the same care that stomped me through first gear last week. The camaro guy didnt realise me, but he had his top down and was messin with the stang guys. Well we all pulled up at a red light on the state road 52. a 4 lane road that runs through town. I pull up behind the z28 and do a quick burny to show everyone im there and game hehe. The light goes green and I wait, because I know the guy in the camaro will wait also because he did this to me last week. The kids in the stang take off hard and get through the intersection, then the camaro launches, and im in hot pursuit. The camaro, seems pretty hot through first gear and catches the stang by second, I will also add that it smelled like the z had alky, and I know he had a nice exaughst on it. When the z hits second im probably 2 cars back, and at about 4 grand in 2nd. Now im shocked because the camaro and stang are still wot as am I, and Im pulling up along side the stang, and reeling in the z. by the time I hit mid third gear im pulling hard on the z, and the gt is about 2 cars back. We had to shut the race down though. I really wish I could have ran the z up through my overdrive gear because I think I could have maybe pulled even with him. It was just weird that the z became so sluggish once it was out of second gear. Either way im glad to finally take a race in this old truck, the stang was most likely stock, and the look on the kids faces was priceless when they had to do the ricer fly by in their stang. Oh well one win one loss, cant win em all. I shoulda known better then to toy with that z, its one nasty car.

Last edited by TrndAssassin; 06-02-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds like your truck is running strong What do you have done to it if you dont mind?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Default My truck

its a 1984 chevy scottsdale 4x4 heavy half
31 inch tires
700r4 tranny
rebuilt 2.72 rear end
and a after market eldelbrock 350 5.7 liter
I dont know the exact specs on the motor since it was in the truck before I bought it, but the motor is said to put out around 400hp. Its running strong, but its also running a little rich. I need to do a tune up, adjust the choke and the 4 barrel carb, and start running 91 octane in it. Its nice with the 272 gears because if I keep my foot out of it I get roughly 22 miles to the gallon highway. It sucks for accel, but for torque and top end its awesome.
The funny thing about the truck is that it has the chevy rust all over it,the motor looks like **** because the valve cover gaskets went bad and the previous ownder didnt change them, he just kept dumping oil in the truck, Ive since fixed the gaskets. So with seeing the rust, and the black oil covered motor if I pop the hood, everyone just thinks the truck is big and slow hehe, Little do they know My plans for this truck if I keep it, are 4.10 gears and alky.