Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Anyone ever run any streetbikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone ever run any streetbikes?

Got on here and the first in line was Foose's thread about racing the bike. Of course, it got me pumped, knowing what my truck is capable of. Anyone else have any stories about how 600cc class bikes run (unfortunately, liter bikes with good riders are another story)?

I know we can all look up specs, 1/8th mile times, etc. for these bikes, but I want to know if you all have buddies or know someone who tracks their bike, and what they run or how they perform from a good roll. I'm about to be slammed with work, so it's the perfect time for my Colorado to get everything in like I planned. I'm just looking for any good word on how any of you have stacked up against any streetbikes and what you're running in the 1/8th, 1/4, or how your rig pulls on the street.

Thanks, guys.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled a 600 by a car(I dont think he knew how to race a bike) from a 20 roll in my s10. Only ran it up to 75
or so. Its no high speed, high power races like you want, but its all I got.

I was on a 125 shot, ran 8.3 on 100 shot, but on the street with 100 shot from a 20 could run cars that ran 7.9s.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I got called out by a bike last weekend lol... I gave him a rain check though. No way I'm keeping up with 130mph trap bike when I'm only trapping like 115 lol
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

It does depend a lot on the rider. But hey, a win is a win. I don't know a whole lot about supersport performance on the street, so I'm looking for any info I can get. Kinda wondering if the average ss is faster on the street than the track, or what? Because I know of plenty of vehicles like that.

I would have to say I'd probably rely on trap speed, too. I KNOW this is so vague, but for the most part, would you say a 10-second truck equates to a 10-second bike? Or does it take a 9-second truck to pull on a 10-second bike? Of course, gearing, mods, and rider are huge variables...but then again, I'm just looking for broad replies. Kinda wanting to see if people have figured out the best way to go about running bikes.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the rider is a much bigger factor on a bike than a driver is in a truck, a bike that is capable of a 9 second 1/4 mile with the wrong rider could be seconds slower. clutch control and shift speed and timing are much more technical and harder to get right with a bike. anyway, many of the fast trucks on here should be pretty good against most 600's with good riders in most situations but a mostly stock 1000 with a decent rider will run away from anything on the street with four wheels IMO.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Iv only ran 2 cars on my bike.(2007 gsxr 750) A supercharged Fox body that made 525 to the wheels from a 55 roll I put quite a few lengths on him. And some kind of lambo that held his own pretty well but was hell of a lot crazier than me since there was traffic. Rider is a huge factor since iv ran down a guy on a busa when I shouldn't have stood a chance, i think a general rule of thumb is you need to be making the power of the cc of the bike or so iv heard

Last edited by 14psisupra; 03-29-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks, guys. I've never heard the HP to CC thing like you described. I know a lot of guys that buy Busa's, can't ride at all. Same goes with any bike, really. Pretty much drawing that picking on anything more than a semi-bolted 6XX is trouble, unless the rider is sorry. Maybe I need to get counseling from Foose.? One day, I'll nut up when given the chance.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing though, we're in trucks so when a bike beats us its really not a bragging point for him or a serious disappointment for us...if we win though that's something to feel good about
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

I think stock48 talked about this some. The majority of bike street racing will probably be from a roll. If racing a 10 second bike vs. a 10 second truck from a roll, the bike will more than likely win.

This is because a bike will probably trap higher and from a roll you are basically just racing on the big end of the track. I think aerodynamics are overlooked on truck. A car running the same speed in the quarter as a truck always seems like it traps higher.

Take for example, stock48. He does low 9s around 140 ish. You so hondas doing 10s around that trap speed.

Although i may be dead wrong i think this is an interesting topic to discuss. The only way i would consider a bike from a roll is if we trapped the same and i would not race faster than the trap speed. Unfortunately, the only bikes ill be messing with is going to be a 250 ninja lol
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i wouldn't suggest running a sport bike if your not boosted. but you can pick off harleys all day every day, most of them are all noise.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever run any streetbikes?