Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

bike kill = one mad dude.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Bike had to have been bone stock and a horrible rider. No offense to the OP that Tahoe is fast...would smoke my truck any day of the week but that bike should have been going 150 by the time you decided to try and catch up to him..
That is an understatement.

Sounds to me like the rider was white lining through traffic, half throttle horsing around then from his point of view, all of a sudden, some ***-hat in a big *** truck blew past him. At this point he became enraged for one of 2 reasons.. He thought the other dude was tryin to run him off the road OR he wanted to line up for an actual race. (We've all been there... Get caught off guard by someone and non eevn know they were racing then by the time you figure it out, its too late and you try your damnest to catch back up to get a legit line up)

Sorry OP but your 12s tank isn't capable of even beating a modern era aka '03+ CBR600 not from a dig or a roll and most certainly you wouldn't be able to catch him if he's already riding past you AND proceed to walk him if he had ANY idea you were racing.. He could have passed you, let off the throttle, let you pass him and then blown your doors off again.

Depending on the year its a bottom 11s-mid mid 10s bike BONE STOCK, capable of 160-190mph top speed.. It's not happenin and you should know better lol. My L from a dig can hang with my buddies pre '04 CBR, from a roll, that same bike would put ZIP CODES between us. You're about a full second slower and somehow defying logic and physics...

I dunno... I know the saying is "Anything is possible on the streets," but some things are just harder to swallow than others.

'That's what she said..'

Last edited by C9A1L1L; 08-31-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i never said we went to 150-160. my speedo was passed 120 when i went by, but either way it doesn't matter. your gonna believe what you want. at the track my truck doesn't 60 to save its life. on a roll its a different truck. not to mention as i said earlier i have adjusted the boost controller and loads of other things since my last trip to the track. that was a long while ago. and it was not a newer bike. i never said it was.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Well if it was one of the dated ones, it still hard to believe but much more possible. Good kill then.

If you passed him only going 120 then he wasn't movin very hard...

I was just trying to grasp the picture better considering your wording would make one believe it was a typical 03+ CBR. I don't think I have ever seen an 1980-90s CBR/Banshee in a long time lol.

Regardless of what you did to your truck, short of a 200shot it made the story hard to swallow picturing you vs a typical 600. You'd basically need to have a 10s truck vs an 03 or a 9s truck vs a new one to do what you described. Naturally this would strike my curiosity.

Last edited by C9A1L1L; 08-31-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

i never said anything close to it being new and i never said cbr. it said honda and 600 on the side of it. your assuming too many thing here. and i said speedo was passed 120, thats all it goes up to. so i have no way of telling how fast it was.

its ok, i'm use to the disbeliefs (spl). i broke my rear left axle when i tried to convert to 2wd. every body said it was a fluke. so i installed a new one and went to the track that week IIRC and broke it again. but that time it took out the detroit locker. but nobody could believe that the 5.3 was making enough power to break it. even when i reminded them that the tahoe weighs alot. but non ethe less i don't really care. maybe some time i can get to the track and get some new times. i think i may have found a way to get a better 60ft. we shall see.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Most turbo trucks/hoes are a different beast from a roll. Being heavy as **** we have to make up for it on the top end. I have bested many 11 second cars on the street with my turbo setup. Bikes do work on the top end too but since we tend to do the same around here, it makes for interesting races
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

thats for sure. i've walked on many cars that i didn't think i would even have a chance with. from a stop light its a little harder with a dead idle. they think they have me then all the sudden the tahoe's front lifts up and its game over. and for the record i don't mean it pops a wheelie. lmao.

i raced an older viper once with my the old setup. all stock with the smaller turbo. i gave him a run for his money until about the 2-3 shift. after that it was over, he walked all over me. but it was fun, those things are loud!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
Well if it was one of the dated ones, it still hard to believe but much more possible. Good kill then.

If you passed him only going 120 then he wasn't movin very hard...

I was just trying to grasp the picture better considering your wording would make one believe it was a typical 03+ CBR. I don't think I have ever seen an 1980-90s CBR/Banshee in a long time lol.

Regardless of what you did to your truck, short of a 200shot it made the story hard to swallow picturing you vs a typical 600. You'd basically need to have a 10s truck vs an 03 or a 9s truck vs a new one to do what you described. Naturally this would strike my curiosity.
Quit crapping up everyone's "kill threads" and waving your Ford flag every chance you get. I just took a glance through all of your posts here and with maybe 5 exceptions, your 39 posts are about a stock Powerstroke going 188mph, the new mustang 5.0 being a tune away from blowing every chevy out of the water, how someone pulled a Lightning on the street in a Chevy because the lightning "wasn't moving very hard," and now you come and crap up his thread with your nay-saying. Here are two of my favorite examples from two other "Kills" threads:

It shouldn't.. As the only person who know what I am talking about, something was wrong.

Bone stock the Supercharged HDs are 14s trucks... MUCH faster than the OPs truck, on top of that he says its modded (dunno how he knows but it is what it is)

Now there are NON SC'd HDs which sounds more likely the actual truck the OP raced maybe with a loud K&N filter.. unless the HD was either full of people or full of cargo and not modded the out come just isn't logical.( not saying that miracles don't happen just you beating a truck that as you described it is more than 2 full seconds faster than you, its just hard to swallow)
BTW cat backs and muffler deletes don't do sh*t for our trucks as far as power, it only adds noise.

Check my join date.. I've been around a lot longer than most. (Everyone in this thread lol..)

I'm a GM guy from a Mopar family and happen to own 2 Ford trucks ('56 F100 and '01 Lightning) as well as 2 Chevys ('46 war era and '65 C-10) I'm about as unbiased as it comes but if something is hard to believe then its hard to believe.

Our mods are too vague in the L world as I mentioned before. Unless you know the person specifically then you have no idea what "pulley" they have or any other subtle mods that matter.

On a side note, a Lightning isn't a full bolt on with out headers. Those are one of the biggest power gainers in our trucks. The bigger the pulley, the more that is gained with opening the exhaust. (cat backs don't count)

I've ran through enough guys of other brands and completely obliterated them and I am thoroughly astonished over how surprised they are... (Just because a cousins friends mom beat a supposed pulley tune lightning that had to be 600whp =/) It never ceases to amaze me.. Given the ease of modding and the performance of a Lightning stock, the chances of an L losing vs any other truck is the lowest of any brand. That's just the way it is. And that's comin from a Chevy boy.

On a side note, this site is linked to a bunch of GM sites and thats why it has always been mostly GMs. Not surprising it never bothered me as much until I got a different brand and now I am looking at it all from another angle.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Where is the like button...
Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Where is the like button...
Old 09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy might just have been trying to talk to you to see what all was done to the Hoe, then he was trying to figure out why you were running from him, or he may just wanted another chance to run ya again

Quick Reply: bike kill = one mad dude.