Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

bike kill = one mad dude.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just now read this thread. I honestly believe this is more and more typical on the road in terms of behavior when he followed you. I had a chic brake check memonce because I was on her butt in the passing lane while she was doing 5 UNDER the speed limit and not passing anyone, but instead holding up traffic. I finally had a chance and made a pass in the right lane and wouldn't you know it, she was flipping me off and screaming A-hole as she sped up to prevent me from passing, so I made the lane change anyway and cut her off a bit. She followed me through 3 parking lots before I finally parked, ready to give her a beating if she got out and made threats with my family present. Instead, she called the police to tell them how crazy of a driver I was and I put her son in danger....wait, huh? Brake checking someone, flipping them off, trying to use your vehicle as barricade against another motorist, then following them in to parking lots is ME putting your son in danger?

Usually I chalk it up to being in a steel cage and being protected, but when I am on my motorcycle, I know how vulnerable I am. Someone cuts me off and I am dead on the highway. Screw all that noise
Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gnd111
The guy obviously is stupid but if he was on a 600 why would a 12.3 truck even be close? They trap 128mph and the run 11.0 easily. I can line you up with some bikes if you want dig or roll races here in Jax. I can even line you up with some all motor trucks and cars to run.
I love how everybody keeps getting hung up on my 12.33 run. Horrible 60ft and boost was lower than normal due to new cam. I'll run what every it is you wanna run. Not cocky, I just don't care. I just like the rush of the race. If I loose I loose if I win I win it's all good. It's just fun to me. I mean hell it's a 6020lb tahoe with kid seats in the back. I can't win them all. .
Old 09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Bikes also have the aerodynamics of a brick at higher speeds, so they are fast off the line, but at higher speeds, they lose a TON of that quickness.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Troponin
Bikes also have the aerodynamics of a brick at higher speeds, so they are fast off the line, but at higher speeds, they lose a TON of that quickness.
uhhhh what?
Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
uhhhh what?
Yup, there is a huge misconception that because bikes are narrow, they have great aerodynamics. Nothing can be farther from the truth. There are a ton of bikes on the road, including sport bikes, that are not designed exactly like their racing counter parts or designed with aerodynamics completely in mind. Styling plays a role too.

In a test between the Hyabusa and the ZX12R, the more powerful ZX came in second to the Hyabusa due to aerodynamics. There was something like a 20mph difference and a 20hp difference between the bikes.

This tells us, that bikes are so susceptible to this that those little styling changes, like where the mufflers sit etc, will drag a bike down by a few mph or more. A motorcycles motor uses 90% of its power, or more, to overcome drag and only 10% or less in actual friction.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:02 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I've actually heard that before. Can't remember where but it seems like I have.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Veteran

So you are trying to say that at hwy speed the Tahoe is more aerodynamic??
Old 09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know very little about sport bikes, but the way I took what he was saying is that some sport bikes are much faster 50 to 100 than 100 to 150 due to poor aerodynamics at higher speeds. I don't think he was comparing aerodynamics of the two vehicles.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Not me. I'm just saying I heard bikes have horrible aerodynamics. Never studied it so I don't know.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh, not trying to argue it. You have me very interested about it. Be curious to see an article or more research on it. Everything I have read and was taught about street bikes is they are all about aerodynamics and the least resistance. Always up for learning new things..

Quick Reply: bike kill = one mad dude.