Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

First kills with LQ9 & nitrous (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First kills with LQ9 & nitrous (long)

Got the truck back on Fri. I planned on going out Sat. night but some things came up. So I wake up Sun. early and call up a freind with a modded Evo to see if he wants to head out to PCH and see what others cars came out to play so spent a few hours and about a tank of gas and alot of nitrous cruising up and down the coast.

first kill was an Audi S4 with unknown mods the thing was quick we got a red light together and he gave me that its on look so light goes green and hes off with a great jump i roll into it and as soon as the nitrous hit i pull like a freight train from about 2 cars back to about 2-3 three cars ahead by the time we shut down. hes gives a tumbs up and doesnt want a rematch.

second was an older convertible mustang maybe 68-69 with a nasty(as in good) sounding motor light goes green and i say f it and give all she gots off the line the truck skates around but im still ahead of him. I just it down at about 100 with him several cars back. He did the im gonna ignore you thing.

third was a Maserati (sp) not sure on spec or what trim model but the thing sounded sexy as hell. This was a roll race at about 30 we hit it and we stayed side byu side for what seemed forever i started edgeing ahead and shut it down.

There was alot more but nothin to special your typical Sunday morning on PCH here in Socal.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on the masserati. The stang don't count, they are all slow, haha jk
Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

hey J nice kills man, what did you do with the cam you had in the 4.8???
Old 10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sharky05
hey J nice kills man, what did you do with the cam you had in the 4.8???

Thanks Sharky as for the cam it had some very odd wear on it so we (the shop owner and i) decided against using it and also i wouldnt feel very cool if i sold it and it caused someone problems so I tossed it.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks about the cam, I wanna see some vids of your new setup.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think the shop some vids of my truck on the dyno. But the truck seems to be running great.

Im almost out of gas between sunday and a few runs today with a bike.

Not sure what type of bike i do know it was some crotch rocket probably a 650 but he and I were both surprised when he could barely pull past me. He did seem to be on it damn hard and he shook his head while giving me a thumbs up after the run.

At this rate something bound to break soon, good thing the bottles are almost empty.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jdawg04 4.8
Got the truck back on Fri. I planned on going out Sat. night but some things came up. So I wake up Sun. early and call up a freind with a modded Evo to see if he wants to head out to PCH and see what others cars came out to play so spent a few hours and about a tank of gas and alot of nitrous cruising up and down the coast.

first kill was an Audi S4 with unknown mods the thing was quick we got a red light together and he gave me that its on look so light goes green and hes off with a great jump i roll into it and as soon as the nitrous hit i pull like a freight train from about 2 cars back to about 2-3 three cars ahead by the time we shut down. hes gives a tumbs up and doesnt want a rematch.

second was an older convertible mustang maybe 68-69 with a nasty(as in good) sounding motor light goes green and i say f it and give all she gots off the line the truck skates around but im still ahead of him. I just it down at about 100 with him several cars back. He did the im gonna ignore you thing.

third was a Maserati (sp) not sure on spec or what trim model but the thing sounded sexy as hell. This was a roll race at about 30 we hit it and we stayed side byu side for what seemed forever i started edgeing ahead and shut it down.

There was alot more but nothin to special your typical Sunday morning on PCH here in Socal.
nice kills

what part of PCH were you cruisin down?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrkindweiler
what part of PCH were you cruisin down?

We stayed mostly between Balboa and Long Beach.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Teching In

haha nice. i bet you had fun on the strip down bolsa chica beach