Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Hemi Truck Club gets raped

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingLow
Most people, well not really most but a lot of truck guys know what the L is and probably just know better.
You'd be surprised how many people out here don't know any better especially at night since I don't have the euro lights in back.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kills, i wish there were more truck guys local to me.

i was waiting for colt to post up... nice sig there.

so how long till you come to commerce?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ColtSteele
LOL- you know I'm messing. But we did decide to build the bottom end so we can run more boost (25psi is target) and add a little shot of giggle gas on top. It should be pretty crazy - at least til the tranny goes out. I'm trying to find a replacement now.

Should have full build pics and videos in a few weeks.

Denver is a nice area but too much snow for me. i have to go out there 4-5 times a year. We'll plan something for late summer.
Im gunna spray that *** like a pissed off pole cat

25psi and nitrous is going to be crazy
Old 03-03-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Should have my truck back in no more than a month. I'm going to try to get my first hard run at Mopars at Thr Rock mid April. That would be the best place for it to make its debut LOL

The tranny isn't going to handle 20psi much less 25 and spray. You'll have to tow me back to SC

after i win
Old 03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
Play nice now.
i thought i was playing nice, the hemi is over rated and a heavy truck, dodge just hangs so bad on the hemi name plate, the REAL hemis were the old 426s back in the day, you really dont want to mess with those. people think just cause they have a hemi they rule the street but we know thats not the case, but just like any thing else they can be made fast.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Yep anything can be made fast. Why wouldn't they hang on to the Hemi name? They'd be foolish not to. I wish it would've debuted in a 2 door retro Charger or Challenger (thank God they are trying). But at least when the put it the truck they made sure it was the best in class. I love it when a modded truck talks about out running a stock hemi... you're suppose to (and an intake and muffler on a hemi is no better than stock). But now that the aftermarket is giving us some performance parts that work, things are changing.

I believe RumbleBeeRam said it best here "Some folks think if they out-run a HEMI they have just smoked the biggest, fastest truck on the road. Some of you guys racing them are just as bad as some of the guys that own them........LOL! Good job by the way, but be real careful of some of them HEMIs, there is a few that are running chargers, turbos, and love to suck up a good GM or Ford from time to time. But as the saying always goes...........there is always one faster than you down the road."
Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default too much fun

i know that with my sig i should out run a stock HEMI. but what i was getting at was, when I (emphasize the I) am farting around and come across a lightning or a srt-10 i KNOW MY PLACE. certain things out on the road are not for me to play with. i will mess with them but dont expect much except to get my *** handed to me. these guys KNEW what i was working with, and still thought they would walk all over me. SOMEONE ASKED ABOUT THESE: the tune was @ nelsons shop, and i thought the HP was low too. the rock-on trans is holding up also, it is a bad *** in my opinion. but seriously, the trans in the HEMI trucks eat up that much? 25%?

then again... i come from a LLLOOOOONNNNGGG line of die hard MOPAR family (dad has a 70 barracuda, sis has 71 challenger, brother has R/T dakota... ) so i DO tend to rub it in a little bit. i am the blacksheep of the family, I thank god for that.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

It does indeed eat up 25%, there's been several shops that have engine dyno'd the hemi and it's right on at 345hp. I am not very happy with it. The wire pull helped remove the lag between shifts, but it's still too soft so I went with a transgo shift kit that just came out to help it out a little more. I don't have results because the day I put it in, it snowed and it's been snowing ever since.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DakotaKiller5.3
i know that with my sig i should out run a stock HEMI. but what i was getting at was, when I (emphasize the I) am farting around and come across a lightning or a srt-10 i KNOW MY PLACE. certain things out on the road are not for me to play with. i will mess with them but dont expect much except to get my *** handed to me. these guys KNEW what i was working with, and still thought they would walk all over me. SOMEONE ASKED ABOUT THESE: the tune was @ nelsons shop, and i thought the HP was low too. the rock-on trans is holding up also, it is a bad *** in my opinion. but seriously, the trans in the HEMI trucks eat up that much? 25%?

then again... i come from a LLLOOOOONNNNGGG line of die hard MOPAR family (dad has a 70 barracuda, sis has 71 challenger, brother has R/T dakota... ) so i DO tend to rub it in a little bit. i am the blacksheep of the family, I thank god for that.
Lightnings are only as good as the drivers.I've run a couple Ls even modded ones and had no problem beating them just because they had no clue how to launch a truck w/ that kind of power.For example I ran one guy that just bought a L but wanted to see what it would do.His was stock but he wanted to anyway.We lined up and he just stomps the gas.After I beat him twice he asks me what he did wrong.So to make a long story short I told him how to launch and the next time around he held up alot better.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

I have been a little busy getting my truck ready for the East Coast Truck Show and Go as well...........its about there and about as good as its going to get for now, the wallet can't take much more right now, in the past 6 months I have built two 2.2 turboed engines for my shelby cars, the last one has about broke me with a bunch of machine work and all forged internals, now the wife is looking a new house to buy for us.............jeezs, does it ever end??? But I'll be in the low 14s on the truck or so and I can live with that for a big heavy truck.

Quick Reply: Hemi Truck Club gets raped