Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Hemi and a Tundra in the same day...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM
QLF
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi and a Tundra in the same day...

Well there is this guy at work that drives an Audi TT and he is always talking about his brother's Hemi is so fast and that it's nothing to mess with. He never gives the specifics on what's done to it and always just says it has a "programmer." Well he drove it to work today and wanted a race, so we lined it up right before getting back to the shop from lunch. It was a 2wd QC with three people in it all weighing under 145lbs.(yeah, some small dudes lol!) at the time, so I figured weight wise, we were pretty close. After hearing the truck and its choppy idle though, I knew there was something up, sounded like a decent size cam. I tried calling him out on it, but he tried to BS me and tell me it was a misfire, yeah right!

On the third honk, I took off and rolled into it trying not to spin, but it was no use, I spun all the way through first while putting a whole truck on him, after I hit second, I just kept on pulling on him. I saw him shut it down around 70 and he was a good 3 trucks behind. He was cool about thankfully, and we laughed it off.

Right after that, while walking back in the shop, one of the almighty 5.7 Tundra owners, there are 2 new ones and two older ones at the shop, was talking **** about how he wanted a race when we got off. He said, "If that Hemi could run with you that good, then I know I got you." To that I just told him the Hemi wasn't stock and that I knew my truck was faster than his. I tried to warn him, but he didn't listen. So we lined as we were leaving and let 'em rip, I of course, spun again but pulled half a truck on him before my truck got loose bad and short shifted into second right at 35mph, he shot ahead for a second and put a half truck on me, then I was pulling him back in by 55-60 when we had to shut it down. He was cool about it too, though he said he still won technically. I just told him to wait until next week when I get my front gears done, then we can run again.

All in all, it was a good Friday. I'm glad I finally got to try my truck out against some of the quicker trucks at the shop. And maybe now everybody will stop doubting me when I tell them my truck's pretty quick for what it is. Next up, older body style Tundra and this POS Civic this guy keeps talking about having an $8000 engine making 200hp!!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kills man, I went looking tonight but no one wanted to play.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs. Maybe next time we can run em.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:56 PM
QLF
Launching!

Originally Posted by outlawz2004
Good runs. Maybe next time we can run em.

I'll be in old Ville Platte tomorrow actually, let me know if you want to make a run lol! I'm going to be finishing up my exhaust at my Father-in-laws. Though my wife was a little miffed about these two already, two 10mpg average tanks ain't too good. I wouldn't want to make her mad again!

And no, I'm not whipped, I just HATE nagging!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

I hear ya, a woman nagging can make you hurt yourself. I am going to try to finish my nitrous bottle brackets tommorow. I ran out of welding wire when I was almost done making them the other day. I need to also get the throttle body cleaned in the 97 that I bought, it is full of carbon. I may end up in Ville Platte before its over, wheres he live at.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
QLF
Launching!

Haha, that's the reason I'm going tomorrow, last week I had to go get a new bottle of gas for him and then I got through one little test piece and he ran out of wire lol! He lives off of the Whiteville road a little past the Chevron, or before the Chevron if you're coming from I49. It's called Denise St., it'll be on your left coming in. It's the first house on the right. I'll just PM you...
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

are you insinuating that you are running different gears in the front and back???
Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
are you insinuating that you are running different gears in the front and back???
Yes he is. He has the rear done and is getting the front done. Dont worry, he knows not to use it like that.LOL.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Launching!

What kinda times you running in the 1/4 there QLF? Just curious, good runs its sounds like. I hate when people who probly know nothing about it critique and critisize other peoples stuff.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have to add, but i know the reg cab new tundras can scoot good (low 14's what i read) but are the 4 door 4wds slow? cause i tried to race one playing around and he nailed it and i couldnt as a car was in front of me but he didnt seem to take off good....i mean i think i would have gotten him if the road was clear in front of me.

Quick Reply: Hemi and a Tundra in the same day...