Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Hemi vs tundra....video

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackaddictedtundra
It's a piggy back that allows you to adjust your A/F ratio. That's how I leaned my truck out. It's what all the HEMI guys were stacking on top of Superchips before Diablo and SCT. That's the kind of stuff I was going to tell you in the PM.
Was it plug and play or did you have to tap and solder wires? I'm leaning towards URDs piggy back if my tuner can get the software to tune it.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Teching In

I spliced into the harness. Which URD? URD's "A/F signal modifier" or whatever they call it is the PSC1 re-packaged and marked up. You can hit the Dodge sites and find them for $100 or less, with software, with a little searching.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Good runs Ray!

I finally got to ride in a 5.7 Tundra. My buddy's parents own a dealership here in LA so he demo'd a 2010/11 5.7 CrewCab...had 17s, not sure of the gearing though. It definitely felt fast...felt like it had better throttle response than my 2011 Ram, but that's most likely due to the gearing. Also, I've never rode shotgun in my truck...so I'm not sure how "fast" mine feels. He's not one to race, especially not in a demo, so I'll never know who'd win or lose. Probably be pretty damn close lol.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jordan21210
Good runs Ray!

I finally got to ride in a 5.7 Tundra. My buddy's parents own a dealership here in LA so he demo'd a 2010/11 5.7 CrewCab...had 17s, not sure of the gearing though. It definitely felt fast...felt like it had better throttle response than my 2011 Ram, but that's most likely due to the gearing. Also, I've never rode shotgun in my truck...so I'm not sure how "fast" mine feels. He's not one to race, especially not in a demo, so I'll never know who'd win or lose. Probably be pretty damn close lol.
well froma dig the tundra most likely would've took the win cause i have 3.55 but if the ram had the 3.92 its would been good. If the ram was a quad cab with 3.92 i thinkt he ram would take the win from a dig
Old 02-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Last summer I had a chance to run an R/T ram at the track but the lines were huge and we were in different groups. Think he ran a 14.4 that day. I really wanna run one. Hp to the wheels is the same but I think the R/T is lighter. Pretty sure Toyota has the heaviest rcsb out there (1/2 ton of course). Plus that higher stall is pretty cool.

The rams LSD is a lot better than the tundras ALSD so the rams 3.92s vs the tundras 4.30s would still be a close race from a dig.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by socaliallstar82
Last summer I had a chance to run an R/T ram at the track but the lines were huge and we were in different groups. Think he ran a 14.4 that day. I really wanna run one. Hp to the wheels is the same but I think the R/T is lighter. Pretty sure Toyota has the heaviest rcsb out there (1/2 ton of course). Plus that higher stall is pretty cool.

The rams LSD is a lot better than the tundras ALSD so the rams 3.92s vs the tundras 4.30s would still be a close race from a dig.
well i looked them up and both reg cab in dodge and tundra and both at 4900 lbs. When it comes to E/T for any brand it all comes down to location of the track. You said you saw a r/t run 14.4 but there is a member with a stock r/t that ran a 13.7 in cold weather bone stock.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Believe me 14.4 was a good time that day. Our track sucks ***. I ran a best of 14.5 that same day. DA was horrible. Trac prep wasnt all that great either. Believe his SN is m15 on the dodge forums. We did trap the same mph though.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Teching In

I wish I could get to Texas. There's not much of a truck scene around here. I'm still waiting on my chance to run one of the new Rams.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackaddictedtundra
i wish i could get to texas. There's not much of a truck scene around here. I'm still waiting on my chance to run one of the new rams.
come on over, you will love houston it truck world over here. A 12 sec truck isnt even fast anymore in houston. You gotta be in the 11 for a little respect. Thats why i decided to make my 6.1l into a 6.4l
Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DAYTONA81
come on over, you will love houston it truck world over here. A 12 sec truck isnt even fast anymore in houston. You gotta be in the 11 for a little respect. Thats why i decided to make my 6.1l into a 6.4l
I would think 12's is still very respectable in a big brick but your right. There are so many 12 sec trucks in Houston you do have to be in the 11's to be like "oh thats pretty quick" lol

Quick Reply: Hemi vs tundra....video