Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

how fast are vypers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well around here the guys are too old to be brats. the type of people we have her are the old people who normally just put around in their z06's. ever once in a while you get a cool guy weither old or yung. but most of the time old people in nice cars. with their noses in the air. to snoby to give you the time of day. i don't care if they are rich or poor i just wana play. haha. he got on it but with his nose in the air the whole time. while i'm trying to give a thumbs up. any way. i finally found my place. between a nismo 350z and a viper lol. the mustang i race a week earlier sounded good but couldn't hang. i was told he ran mid 13's at the track.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blacksheep
I have pretty fast truck that I built and do all the wrenching on. By the way I do also own a Viper. The truck is great but you can't compare it to a Viper, they have two totally different purposes.
I'd never have guessed. See next quote.

Originally Posted by blacksheep
Take it easy on the Viper owners, not all of them are dicks.
Originally Posted by Spoolin
Your just pissy because he told you your V6 sounded good!!

Originally Posted by Wyttrash96
Bah, prestige my ***. I'd rather have a fast truck that I can haul stuff with and drive to a funeral without pissing anyone off, not to mention an extra $10,000 in the bank...
I'm not into prestige. But I like many vehicles. Vipers, Z06s, F360 Modena is 1 of my favorites that I'd love to own. Many others I appreciate, no rice.
I'll have way more than $10k in bank if I put every mod on my truck I want. That means I'll spend $70K total on my truck? A new Viper is ~$80-90K.

Originally Posted by thiems
The price tag of a vehicle doesn't constitute wrenching skills. I'm also going to assume that the guy with the Viper is probably a better money manager than you as well so I'm sure he still has plenty left in the bank. Besides, if most of these guys wanted a fast truck that could haul stuff, they could get one. I'd be willing to bet that most Viper owners have other vehicles including a truck.
High end owners can be their own wrench, but their $ allows them to not have to be if they so choose.
Managing money part, they also usu. make more. Usu. Viper owners don't live in run-down shacks either. If I ever own a Modena, it'll be a huge $ outlay for a used ride. But I earned the $ to pay for it thru my blood, sweat & tears.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I hate my cats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I started something here. Blacksheep and thiems, I've pulled lots of knowledge from your posts on this board, so I don't want y'all to think I'm a snot. I'll apologize for offending anyone, I shouldn't make assumptions about people because of the car they drive. Except maybe for ricers, I'm still gonna assume they're tools. But, it's also not right to assume I haven't ridden in anything high end, or that I can't manage my money. I drove a car hauler for two and a half years, I've driven EVERYTHING. Ya, that's the white trash (Wyttrash!) way to get in nice cars, but still. Ford GTs, Mustangs, Porsches, Caddys, Vettes, Ferraris, Audis, Lexes, AMGs, BMWs, and a lot of worthless crap as well. I live in oil country too, so there's plenty of nice iron around here. I still like my beater truck and my stupid lowrider the best. Cars aren't holy, you drive 'em, they break, you fix 'em. I only kinda cared the 3rd time I had my Olds on fire. And I'll just say trust me, I can manage my money. I won't elaborate, but I do fine. But no matter how you cut it, this is Performance Trucks, so I think we should all be rooting for the fast trucks of the world. A Viper is a deadly car for sure, but if 4.8T could step on his combo enough to smoke one with his Tahoe, everyone on this board should give him a big hell ya. Trucks FTW!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, I started something here. Blacksheep and thiems, I've pulled lots of knowledge from your posts on this board, so I don't want y'all to think I'm a snot. I'll apologize for offending anyone, I shouldn't make assumptions about people because of the car they drive. Except maybe for ricers, I'm still gonna assume they're tools. But, it's also not right to assume I haven't ridden in anything high end, or that I can't manage my money. I drove a car hauler for two and a half years, I've driven EVERYTHING. Ya, that's the white trash (Wyttrash!) way to get in nice cars, but still. Ford GTs, Mustangs, Porsches, Caddys, Vettes, Ferraris, Audis, Lexes, AMGs, BMWs, and a lot of worthless crap as well. I live in oil country too, so there's plenty of nice iron around here. I still like my beater truck and my stupid lowrider the best. Cars aren't holy, you drive 'em, they break, you fix 'em. I only kinda cared the 3rd time I had my Olds on fire. And I'll just say trust me, I can manage my money. I won't elaborate, but I do fine. But no matter how you cut it, this is Performance Trucks, so I think we should all be rooting for the fast trucks of the world. A Viper is a deadly car for sure, but if 4.8T could step on his combo enough to smoke one with his Tahoe, everyone on this board should give him a big hell ya. Trucks FTW!
Great post! I'm glad my (on purpose) assumptions might have helped turn the tables by seeing what it is like when somebody assumes something about you. They weren't meant to be personal remarks.

Regardless, if it runs on flammable liquid, I'm in!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only kinda cared the 3rd time I had my Olds on fire. But no matter how you cut it, this is Performance Trucks, so I think we should all be rooting for the fast trucks of the world. A Viper is a deadly car for sure, but if 4.8T could step on his combo enough to smoke one with his Tahoe, everyone on this board should give him a big hell ya. Trucks FTW!
Your Olds went up 3x? Ouch! I've always liked trucks. I had to patiently wait 7 yrs. til I found what I waited. Too bad GM didn't offer a 6A or 6M & efans on my 04, I'd be sittin pretty.

Originally Posted by thiems
Great post! I'm glad my (on purpose) assumptions might have helped turn the tables by seeing what it is like when somebody assumes something about you. They weren't meant to be personal remarks.

Regardless, if it runs on flammable liquid, I'm in!
Agreed. Great post! I'm in too!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some of us regular Mopar guys (not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, mine was a plastic spork) love Vipers. I'll own one someday but I can't justify it yet. I'd love to have one and can only imagine the speeding tickets I'll get. I'm not a dick when I race, just your average redneck.