Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Impounds suck!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impounds suck!

I'm goin home on a saturday night it's about 1:00 am. I'm driving down one of the main roads in town and a Early 90's black accord and a late 80's red civic do a ricer fly-by. Its a slow night i can't find anything to race so just for some fun i play with them a little you know rev the engine, flick em off stuff like that. we turn left onto a small two lane road and they get stuck behind a station wagon. So i go cruising past them and i pull up next to one of those old *** retired police cruisers. The ricers are reving their engines behind us being the usual jackasses that ricers are. I look over and the dude in the crown vic starts pointing in front of us so i nodded at him. Soon as the light turns green i slam the pedal to the floorboard and my truck just sits there with the tires spinning. the crown vic takes off with the accord behind him(the civic is behind me) the crown vic gets about 2-3 cars ahead of my bumper when my tires finally catch the accords at my front bumper. my truck launches and i past the accord i get next to the crown vic when my truck hits 2nd after that i just kept my foot planted cuz i had just gotten my programmer and i wanted to see what my truck could do with the new programming.when i finally let off i'm probably 9-10 cars ahead of the next nearest guy. i look in my rearview and there's a set of headlights weaving through the cars i thought it was the civic maybe. then i stopped at the next light about 3/4 mile from the light where we started and the same set of headlights comes up right behind me and i can now see the silhouette of a light bar on top of the car anyway the light turns green i pull around left on the corner he lights me up. he said i was clocked at 123 MPH and the next nearest guy was doing 108 MPH 1 felony count of reckless driving and my truck got impounded for having improper tags luckily i got my truck out the next day cuz i've always got money in my fuckup fund
Old 06-10-2006, 04:38 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so the moral of the story is have a "fuckup fund"? LOL .that sux man!
Old 06-10-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

What sucks more than impound is getting gears installed by backyard mechanic that cannot finish it, getting it towed 25 miles to have it done right, spend 850 buck to get it done right, sit in the parking lot and reprogram it, light comes on, reprogram it when I get home, voltage drops below 12.8 vdc, programmer loses program while programming and wipes out your pcm, local programmer cant get it to communicate, and having to spend another 500 bucks for a computer and program! Now, my friend, that sucks!
Old 06-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Launching!

silver-dollar you win and yes anyone wanna contribute to my fuckup fund?
Old 06-10-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
What sucks more than impound is getting gears installed by backyard mechanic that cannot finish it, getting it towed 25 miles to have it done right, spend 850 buck to get it done right, sit in the parking lot and reprogram it, light comes on, reprogram it when I get home, voltage drops below 12.8 vdc, programmer loses program while programming and wipes out your pcm, local programmer cant get it to communicate, and having to spend another 500 bucks for a computer and program! Now, my friend, that sucks!
dude thats some bad luck right there...
Old 06-10-2006, 06:11 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky to have some $$ laying in wait. Me, I've already spent money i dont even have yet.

On our motorcycle runs, in the evening we give out a trophy for the rider who has the best 'hard luck' story.
Silver-Dollar, you win.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

I have dodged one of those bullits before. I'm one lucky SOB. I had taken it up to over 100 on the freeway. About a mile down the road the freeway ends. I get to the end, whip a u-turn and get back on heading west bound. Thirty seconds later a cop goes racing by, with lights blazing, heading eastbound! He may not have been after me, but I wasn't going to wait to find out! Up over 100 again while slipping onto another freeway.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

Im with you on that one, I will turn off in heart beat if situation allows it. Was in my plain jane grey 99 toyota corrolla on the freeway a while back and buzzed by a state trooper on the side of the road going about 20 over. He angled to pull out but there was alot of traffic so he had a hard time getting out and I was way up the road by the time he could even pull out. Luck would have it that their was a car exactly like mine that I caught up to, so I got just in front of it before he has sight of me again and was gaining quick but no lights yet. I kind of cruised behind the both of us trying to figure out which one it was I guess, and then he drifted back and flipped a u turn in the median. The only time in my life I was ever proud to drive a car so plain.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Junkie

I was coming home one night from seeing a movie...it was a little after midnight....go by a B.R. officer in a small pac...not speeding doin about 3 under actually.Well a F-150 with what sounded like no exhaust got on it..he was in the lane next to me as i was behind a Jeep with a exhaust leak for sure...and some eco. car behind me..Well evidently the cop heard the F-150 and looked up and seen me not him...
I didn't know this at the time and about 100 yards up i dropped the hammer ran it up to about 130mph then shut it down...came up on a ricer...they got on it so i strolled him then back down and got off at my exit.I'm sitting at the light and a cop car comes up and lights me up.I pull over...thinking o **** i was doin at least 130 at one point..
He never got close enough to clock me apparently...not sure how he did'nt even jump my ***...caus ei know that cruiser woudn't catch me if we both hammered it...But he jumps my *** saying i must like to rev up at cops on the side of the road blah blah...
I was releaved but annoyed at the same times about this..as i didn't rev up at him lol.
He ended up argueing with me and bitching me out for not yeilding to a parked patrol car on the shoulder...?
Gave me two tickets one for not yeilding to his parked car and wrong addy on my license...then got smartass..."well you said you run your own business so getting to the court house shoudn't be a problem for ya in the morning!?"I said no its fine i could care less.We were both pissed off and he knew it and so did i lol.I mentioned a few names i would be talking with...then he got kinda mad/afraid look on his face...."Ohh you don't need to talk to them...uhh just talk to me the day of the court apperance we will work something out"
Long story short he got his *** handed to him both tickets were dropped and i got lucky about the speeding part.
Long i know just sharing.
It's good to know alot of cops!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 97sicksled
1 felony count of reckless driving
A FELONY that sounds a little steep. I hope you've got money in your ****-up fund for a lawyer because you'll definitely want to plead that down some.

Quick Reply: Impounds suck!