Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

My first kill! new 5.0 mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first kill! new 5.0 mustang!

Going down the highway a new 5.0 mustang drove past me, with paper license plates still on it, he slowed down to wait for me to pass him and then he floored it. So I decided to play back

I floored it/just messing around to let him know it's on, so then we slow to about a 50mph roll and go at it, I let him go first- I pulled him real hard and pulled ahead of him by about a half car length, then stopped

Then we did it from a 30 roll and the same thing happened

this went on about 2 more times, all with him starting first and me pulling him hard, then as we came off the highway he rolled the window down to ask what I had- then asked me if I wanted to sell it lol
Old 08-09-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You TX guys seem to get in tons of street action. It seems I can go for a month and not see ONE person that is willing to run. Great run though!!! I bet he was willing to go back to the dealership and get his money back. Great looking truck btw!!
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Awesome dude! Good job.. those new 5.0 guys are cocky with good reason... you ever get any dyno numbers or times out of your truck bud? I know you was having some issues.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill. Those new 5.0s are supposed to run good. Nothing a turbo 5.3 cant handle tho
Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sc00by
You TX guys seem to get in tons of street action. It seems I can go for a month and not see ONE person that is willing to run. Great run though!!! I bet he was willing to go back to the dealership and get his money back. Great looking truck btw!!
I think it is more of a Houston thing, I actually just got in town the night I got in the race lol I've been up in Lubbock, TX for the past 3.5 years, no action at all there, thanks for the complements!

Originally Posted by kazfan30
Awesome dude! Good job.. those new 5.0 guys are cocky with good reason... you ever get any dyno numbers or times out of your truck bud? I know you was having some issues.
nope, I actually just put in the 4l80e 2 nights ago (I had to tow a trailer from Lubbock to El Paso then to Houston) so I had to install a new tune in order to run the 80e- on the tune form for Nelson I told him that I really wanted to see what this thing can do and looks like he made it happen lol

I probably wont bother going to the track until the fall, and I will probably get it dynoed around that time also

my IAT was 102 degrees during the mustang runs, I can't wait until winter time- those 60 degree IAT are really going to add some power
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sc00by

There are dry spells around here too I notice, that or they are always going in the opposite direction or whatever else. As far as the 5.0 goes, he is about a few hundred dollars away from turning the tables right off the show room floor. I doubt he had any second thoughts about his car but when that race gets to replay with only a hand full of mods on the 5.0 it'll definitely make one think of the losing battle many fight modding trucks hahah.

Those 5.0s are nice. Took Ford forever to finally build something worth wild on the Mustang platform that's not a specialty car. Better yet is the near 30mpg they get which is ridiculous.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Local shop around here tuned one of those 5.0 mustangs on 100 octane and made like 470 at the wheels... They are retarded powerful. I've killed a handful of stock 5.0s, but never had a chance to run a modded/tuned one. That 470hp car would probably stomp my truck's nuts in.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
I think it is more of a Houston thing, I actually just got in town the night I got in the race lol I've been up in Lubbock, TX for the past 3.5 years, no action at all there, thanks for the complements!

nope, I actually just put in the 4l80e 2 nights ago (I had to tow a trailer from Lubbock to El Paso then to Houston) so I had to install a new tune in order to run the 80e- on the tune form for Nelson I told him that I really wanted to see what this thing can do and looks like he made it happen lol

I probably wont bother going to the track until the fall, and I will probably get it dynoed around that time also

my IAT was 102 degrees during the mustang runs, I can't wait until winter time- those 60 degree IAT are really going to add some power
Oh Yeah no doubt... I think mine is choked bad on my tune from Allen from being way to safe. Which I don't blame him on a mailorder.. but I have an old friend coming soon and ill be getting a full dyno tune and hopefully wake mine up too... she kinda sleepy right now.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

yeah those 5.0's ford did a good job with. good kill though!
Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

good kill was the car a stick or auto? a bone stock stick 5.0 will run 12.5-12.8s allday. JDM had there new 5.0 auto with a roush intake running 12.3s. jim put his laptop on the car and just made a timeing change, shift points and adjusted the A/F and car ran a 11.7. they added a roush charger, exhaust and dyno tune and first pass the car ran a 10.72. if you look on youtube there are stock block, stock auto tranny new 5.0s running in the 9s with of course supercharged, exhuast and tuned. either lethal performance or one of the others put a stock 5.0 in the 10s on spray.

Quick Reply: My first kill! new 5.0 mustang!