Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Pontiac Firebird Kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pontiac Firebird Kill

Well I finally had something that was worthy of running. I was on the main hwy coming back into town and saw a red Firebird about 50 yards ahead of me in the opposite lane. Naturally I get on it to investigate and pull up along side him to see if anything obvious was done to the car. It sounded like he had some form of exhaust but other than that it looked pretty stock. He sees me eyeing the car and jumps on it for a second of which is shortly ended due to a semi in front of him. I notice he is turning off the HWY so I switch lanes and follow suit. We both end up at the signal which is two lanes going under the hwy overpass and then to another signal. Light turns green and I take off about half throttle and then lay into it and just spin. *** end is all over the place and I drift the corner with him pulling ahead of me. As we pull up to the second signal I get lucky and the light is red again. I look over and see he is smiling so I said **** it, hit my "instant traction" button and waited for the light to turn green. From the signal it goes from two lanes into one in about 40 yards. So light hits green I stomp on it and am gone. I have 4 car lengths on him by the time the road merges into one. He quickly gets on my bumper and follows me for a few seconds. Thinking he was willing to chat and what not I pull into the movie theater parking lot of which he follows and then does a lap around the parking lot, never pulls along side me and then leaves the parking lot doing a smoky burnout and sliding sideways all over the road. Not quite the ricer flyby but pretty close.

So here is the best part of it all. 2 days ago I filled up at Chevron with what they claimed to be premium fuel but shortly after fueling up and data logging (in the process of adjusting spark tables) I noticed I was getting KR all over the place and the only thing that changed was the fuel. I ended up having to pull close to 10 degrees from anything over 4k RPM to keep it from knocking so the truck wasn't pulling for **** when in boost.

I did have one other race for the night against a lifted Duramax diesel with a big stack out the bed and gauges up the window. Dunno what was done to it but from a 65MPH roll we both gunned it and close to a hundred he had a truck length on me. I really want to find him now that I have fresh "good" fuel and my spark tables back closer to where I want them. Pretty sure I should have walked away from him.

I tried to get a pic of the Firebird but he left the parking lot to quick for me to think to pull out my phone. I did get a pic of his pathetic burnout though.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:59 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

La Heartbreaker. That's what they should call you. Cause that's all you've been doing the past few weeks with the D1
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 AM
TECH Veteran

LOL I just can't wait to see how it pulls once it's really dialed in. I still have room to grow in my spark tables providing I don't get crappy gas LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 AM
Mod with training wheels

What is boost at now?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Seeing 12 lbs on the 1-2 shift and around 10 after that
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Mod with training wheels

Hmm your track needs to open up. lol
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
LOL I just can't wait to see how it pulls once it's really dialed in. I still have room to grow in my spark tables providing I don't get crappy gas LOL
I always get a receipt when I get gas for my silverado.

There was a bust on gas stations in Houston, not too long ago. Fuel trucks would come in with 87 octane. The station owner would have them put the heel of the trailer into the 93 tank.