Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

ProCharged R/T VS Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProCharged R/T VS Lightning

This guy that works across the street from my job has been tring to race my R/T for as long as I can remember. First off I have know idea what he has done to Lightning however it looks damn good . Well the other day he got his chance, we both got off work at around the same time & I could tell this was going to be trouble. He comes flying up behind me and starts riding my *** (don't you just love that **** ) so he was already getting on my bad side, anyway we were coming upon a red light that has a nice strait away. So of couse he pulls around next to me and starts reving the **** out off his engine...... OK it's on !!! The light go's green and it's ***** to the wall, we both took off dead even up till about 60 and I started pulling away, this is were the procharger starts to out shine the twin screw blower. I don't know how fast we got up to but we had it slammed past 120, He stayed next to my rear bumper the hole time. Once he saw there was no catching me he backed off, the really funny thing is he wouldn't even pull up next to me at the next red light, I gess he didn't want me to see the tear drops rolling down his cheeks
Old 07-25-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome Kill Man! What Kinda Times Is Your Truck Putting Down. Also Do You Have Any Times From When It Was Stock? Ive Always Wondered How Fast They Are Stock.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill, those procharges to very well up in the powerband
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 360ATI
The light go's green and it's ***** to the wall, we both took off dead even up till about 60 and I started pulling away, this is were the procharger starts to out shine the twin screw blower.
Unless he had a KB, it was a roots type, but that's a moot point. Nice kill.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KBOBOZ71
Awesome Kill Man! What Kinda Times Is Your Truck Putting Down. Also Do You Have Any Times From When It Was Stock? Ive Always Wondered How Fast They Are Stock.
Thanks, the best time I've been able to manage is a 13.4 @ 103mph. Back when the truck was mostly stock with haeders & intake it was averaging mid 14's with slicks. I have know idea why people keep calling R/T's "slow" high 15sec. trucks Here in Houston I've seen many stock R/T's with the help of a little spray run low 13's high 12's all day long. The major problems these trucks have is traction, but if you can get them to hookup they'er alot faster than you thank.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Nice Kill.

Scott
Old 07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

360ATI,
How often are you at HRP? don't think I have ever run aross you there...

TJ
Old 07-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
360ATI,
How often are you at HRP? don't think I have ever run aross you there...

TJ
It's been about three mounths, however me and a friend may be going this friday if the weather holds up. He's a Lightning driver and the bastard is running slicks . So I'm forced to take him on with street tires, it dosn't look good. However his truck is totaly stock so it may be closer than I thank . May be I'll see you there .
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Nice kill!
Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 360ATI
It's been about three mounths, however me and a friend may be going this friday if the weather holds up. He's a Lightning driver and the bastard is running slicks . So I'm forced to take him on with street tires, it dosn't look good. However his truck is totaly stock so it may be closer than I thank . May be I'll see you there .
I usually go on Sun evenings as it is hard for me to get off work and prep the truck and get there before the lines get long. but I am not a stranger to Fridays.... I am trying to get a project done before I take it back out though, not sure I can finish it before then...
Keep us posted on the Lightning run! good luck!

TJ

Quick Reply: ProCharged R/T VS Lightning