Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Raced and almost killed myself!!! This happened on Wednesday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Raced and almost killed myself!!! This happened on Wednesday!

So some friends wanted a friendly race with my brother's truck (La Riddler), and my brother preffered I would drive his truck . The other truck was an 06 SC 5.3 Silverado with all boltons and open header and I think it had the stall converter even though they said it didn't but I heard the quick stalling revs. It had some slicks on and he wanted to race only from dead stop(they even used the glue on the slicks to hook). I on the other hand, for some reason I couldn't hook my brother's nitto drags with just two days old. A friend told me that it's harder to hook them when it's cold cause it was like 58 degrees. Maybe we need some wider tires...Anyway, we raced 4 times. First race, I couldn't hook so I led off and punched it again...that caused me being 1 truck length behind untill i shifted to second and started to pass him leaving the other truck about 1 1/2 truck length till like 90 mph. Next races I was light feathering the pedal for it not to spin the wheels and got like 2 truck lengths in front. The last race, I kinda featherd it too much leaving the truck like only 1/2 truck, then I don't know why he starts to gain on me like at 100 or above so we both didn't let off. He did got to pass me like 1/2 a truck when I was barely shifting to over drive when suddenly I heard this loud metal cracking sounds and suddenly tha back wheels locked.....sending me sideways in a left direction, so I turned to the right and punched the brake..ABS going crazy....now going sideways to the right and skid like almost 1/2 a football field sideways on top of the road. I could see all the trees flying by. Untill It turned all around going in reverse crashing into the side road dip. Got out feeling and checking the truck, left bumper side was crooked...fog lamp lid ,I found it the next day.....side spoiler underneath the door, I didn't know where it was.....magnaflow muffler was bent like a Taco.....and worst...brand new Nitto Drags barely two days old got squared..$411 down the drain....driveshaft, well only the differential piece was on....and me, well all I can say is that I felt like I wanted to ! I asked the guy how fast were we going and he said he just saw the needle at 120 mph. I guess nobody imagines that it will happen to them. After that, man it was a long night!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what happened why did the differential lockup, is it running alright?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn dude thats some crazy **** . like my motto use to be . checker or wrecker . glad your alright and the truck is fixable
Old 11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
so what happened why did the differential lockup, is it running alright?

I think the half-a-driveshaft must of locked on one of the top crossmembers cause' there wasn't any scratches on the pavement.
All I can say is THANK GOD nothing worst happened and that I still have a Bro' to bug. Everything else is fine ( Tranny, G-80). Plus STOCK DRIVESHAFTS' SUCK.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn that must be a shitty feeling!!! good thing you got out of it ok, damn trucks can be replaced but not a life..... first time I hear about this??
Old 11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people do say the stock driveshafts notbalanced to go that fast
Old 11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

you crazy person..
Old 11-28-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Damn thats hard to read, glad you're ok Ivan. Material stuff can be repaired, but life can't be replaced. Hope you guys get La Riddler fixed soon.

Last edited by Tractionless; 11-30-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

i twisted a driveshaft into on wednesday...it was the stock one and the dealer gave me a way bigger one with a balancer on it for the replacment...
Old 11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sucks.. Glad you are fine. This is the 5th driveshaft I hear that breaks going at over 120mph.

Quick Reply: Raced and almost killed myself!!! This happened on Wednesday!