Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Raced a Harley F150 in the VHO

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a Harley F150 in the VHO

It was a co-worker. My truck has a Nelson Tune and that is it. His has intake, exhaust, and a smaller pully. It was a clean race from a stop all the way to somewhere above 100mph. Anybody care to guess the outcome. Sorry but I will be back tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say he took you. Those lightnings/harleys respong really well to a smaller pulley.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Round Rock TA
It was a co-worker. My truck has a Nelson Tune and that is it. His has intake, exhaust, and a smaller pully. It was a clean race from a stop all the way to somewhere above 100mph. Anybody care to guess the outcome. Sorry but I will be back tomorrow.
I'm guessing the harley but I'm rooting for you
Old 05-31-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

stock i have seen them run around 95 mph full weight so with his mods he should be around 100mph. He should have pulled you good as long as his truck is running right.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He prolly took ya, those Harley's ain't to shabby.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Launching!

So we both leave from work and there is some traffic. I am way ahead of him coming up to a light. The light turns yellow and I slam on the brakes just so we can line up, I could have beat the light easy. I also switch from one open lane to another just to line him up in the lane next to me. I think he got my intentions. The light is about to turn green and he starts to stall brake it. He lets off though and takes off from idle. The light turns green and we both punch it. He has a short squeal from the wheels but hooks up pretty quick. I hook up right away. His truck is so loud. I have never heard a louder supercharger. So with the charger whine, exhaust, and wheel spin he had some noise. After he hooks he spins again going over the bumps on the other side of the intersection. After crossing the intersection his front bumper was at my rear. After that I had a very linear pull where I ended up maybe 1.5 lengths at 110mph. I was surprised to say the least since everyone who has ridden in his truck said it was quick as hell. He gave me a thumbs-up at the next light while looking down at my VHO badge trying to figure out what hit him.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my heavy *** truck with the mods in my sig I had a harley walk on me from a 70 punch up to 110 he had a little over a truck length. Im guessing it was stock I dont know I think that it was probably a close race but the harley probably won. Damn you round rock ta for making us wait I dont find it funny tell us who won.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Round Rock TA
So we both leave from work and there is some traffic. I am way ahead of him coming up to a light. The light turns yellow and I slam on the brakes just so we can line up, I could have beat the light easy. I also switch from one open lane to another just to line him up in the lane next to me. I think he got my intentions. The light is about to turn green and he starts to stall brake it. He lets off though and takes off from idle. The light turns green and we both punch it. He has a short squeal from the wheels but hooks up pretty quick. I hook up right away. His truck is so loud. I have never heard a louder supercharger. So with the charger whine, exhaust, and wheel spin he had some noise. After he hooks he spins again going over the bumps on the other side of the intersection. After crossing the intersection his front bumper was at my rear. After that I had a very linear pull where I ended up maybe 1.5 lengths at 110mph. I was surprised to say the least since everyone who has ridden in his truck said it was quick as hell. He gave me a thumbs-up at the next light while looking down at my VHO badge trying to figure out what hit him.

Let us know what he says about it today,or will he have an excuse as to why his modded S/C'ed truck got beat.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

i raced my buddy from a 30 punched he put about 1-1/2 on me until about 90mph, i started pullin on him after that. i wasn't impressed i thought they were faster.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ha 3 years ago i had a 96 350 rcsb and wnted to race a harley but never did it

Quick Reply: Raced a Harley F150 in the VHO