Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

raced a new toyota 5.7..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:06 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stepside04
Your 5.3L would get 1 hit w/ 200 shot and then the engine would blow up.

I Ran 150 wet shot on mine and the tranny did not like it at all, jetted down to 125 and she ran must faster.
I dont know the names but I've seen 2 guys on here run a 200 shot with stock bottom end 5.3's... Another guy with a 5.3 (or 4.8, dont remember) pulled his nitrous jet out and he still couldn't blow his motor, probably cuz his nozzle couldn't flow more than 200, but still, you get what I mean... Just sayin, IT CAN BE DONE, with proper tuning of course...
Old 05-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
stepside04, i see you have a chevy....whos side are you on anyway?

I say regardless who has fastest production, my truck is AMERICAN. I am an AMERICAN. If i bought a rcsb toyota with low 14's yes id beat other stock vehicles, up until those stock vehicles modded themselves up a lil bit, something nissans and toyotas cant do as well. Still wouldnt feel good about it because its Japanese.

My family is rooted in chevrolet. My life revolves around my chevrolet. If it wasnt a chevy, it'd be a dodge or a ford before a foreign job, no matter if its built here. Thats just the way it is. I wont settle for the hot new thing when our domestic vehicles have driven me around for all these years.
Well for my little yota mods it runs pretty good, I ran guys with cams and spray in dodge trucks and chevys and bust some of there asses. I feel good BUSTING people *** who really under estimate these trucks.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Tundra
Well for my little yota mods it runs pretty good, I ran guys with cams and spray in dodge trucks and chevys and bust some of there asses. I feel good BUSTING people *** who really under estimate these trucks.
I agree with you man! I was like the first guy around here where I live to have a RCSB Hemi with full blot ons, and I LOVED beating all the Chevy trucks! They were all talkin smack on how slow Hemis were.. I suprised them! I only ran a 14.2@97 but it was fun!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Magic Tundra
Again, you've missed the point of my post. I could care less what a Toyota runs. You aren't going to change anyones mind in here. Toyota was, is, and always will be Japanese junk. Nothing you can say will change that. No go take your Toyota and drive off a cliff.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

well apples to apples i ran a stock crewmax 5.7 when i was stock ( no tune, or intake) and i got him pretty bad bout 2-3 trucks or more..

but yea they rc are fast stock no dennying that.. but if you think about it that 5.7 is all they got...they put theyre biggest engine in a single cab.. gm hasnt even come close..
rc tundra w/ 5.7 6spd tranny & 4.30 gears = high 13's-low 14's
rc silverado with 6.2 6.spd and 4.10 gears (if was made cus they have the powertrain to do it)=12's no problem with drop in filter exhaust what ever the tundra guys claim there lil bolt ons are. just my .02..

also i can garantee you that my crewcab with mods on my sig will smoke a rc on a roll 20-30 roll offcourse lol.. on 24's
GM FTMW!!!!!!!!! id like to see a crewmax with my mods smoke me, hehe
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Again, you've missed the point of my post. I could care less what a Toyota runs. You aren't going to change anyones mind in here. Toyota was, is, and always will be Japanese junk. Nothing you can say will change that. No go take your Toyota and drive off a cliff.
Iam not trying to change minds,iam just saying my jap junk runs real good compared to what you have to do to chevy truck. Beat I can push you S--t off that cliff