Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Raced a Porsche Boxster around a 2000-2001 ish model...cops involved...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a Porsche Boxster around a 2000-2001 ish model...cops involved...

Ok so if you know Walker then you know the main drag turns into a two lane road at one point...anyway i'm sitting at the light and there is a car in front of me and a Porsche Boxter looked nice the guy had done a little work...differant exhaust for sure and it was black on black on black.Clean car.
The light turns green and i baby foot it to kinda hang back since there was noone behind ethier of us.I notice he is doin the same.He rolls up beside me at about 20mph and floors it.I was in D so he got a little jump on me...had to wait for the auto to downshift.He had about a fender on me once i got into gear and moving.I stopped his pul and evened out at the 1-2 shift.By the time i was at 70mph i had him by about a foot-foot n half.I let out right at 75 cause the car that was in my lane was real close by this point..so i let off and slowed down.The guy in the Boxster never let out though...He goes around the other car and jumps into the lane since its now a two lane road...Just as i see him jump over i notice a cop car sitting in the parking lot they normally sit in just closer up.
The guy in the P.B. hits his brakes hard but it was wayyy too late...I was behind the car that i slowed down for and thinking to myself ooooo **** i just got caught racing/speeding/etc etc i'm goin to jail...all this crap you know how it is.
The cop pulls forward and hits his lights turns ou behind the P.B. kinda looks at me for a sec and just gets the other guy.I was so relieved.I don't think he got me on radar because of the car in my lane.Basically, i got lucky as hell its that simple.
I now realize do not race in Walker lol.I knew already..but the cops are almost never sitting there unless its late at night..in fact i have raced at that light at least 10 times in the last 3 months...I guess i won't be doint that anymore.I kinda felt bad for the other guy cause i know he got clokced at no less than 85mph in a 35mph zone...but hey what you gonna do.Live and learn....no more racing in that area lol.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

that sucks. Good run.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

I love to race...just gotta be careful when/where i do it...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Made in South Korea

I get away with that a lot-just look slow.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've gotten lucky like that more times than I can count. I think what saved you was the same thing that has saved me which is keeping your eyes open. I'm guessing he didn't notice the cop as soon as you did, they really don't like people speeding through traffic
Old 06-13-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil04
I love to race...just gotta be careful when/where i do it...

LOL BOXTER OWNED- KILLED BYE TRUCK THEN KILLED BYE COPS!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmproductions
I've gotten lucky like that more times than I can count. I think what saved you was the same thing that has saved me which is keeping your eyes open. I'm guessing he didn't notice the cop as soon as you did, they really don't like people speeding through traffic
or that we are trucks and the cops dont really see to many trucks streetracing therefore they go after the sports cars that we do race cause quite frankly i dont think that they actually beleive that a truck tried to race a boxter.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Well if you were pulled over, you could take it to court and say "come on judge, its a truck, no way in hell could it have ran side by side with a Porche Boxter, the accusations are false"
Old 06-13-2006, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

ouch, Walker PD are some jerks from what I've heard, I've yet to persuade one to stop and ask me for my signature yet
Old 06-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

I had something similar happen awhile back. It was a little wet out, rained earlier in the day but had cleared up by the evening. So I thought I'd take the truck out for a short drive.

Driving down the main drag, I spot a Dakota RT up ahead so I caught up to him and was beside him checking out his truck, kind of trying to entice a race, but I really wanted to go from a dig. I guess he wanted to go from a roll, so he hits it. I hit it just after him and as soon as the turbo spools up I stay with him, my front bumper about even with his rear, maybe a little behind.

Just as I get there I see the light up ahead turn yellow, so I back off, hoping maybe he will too. Nope, he sails through the now red-light. Unfortunatly for him, there was a cop at the cross-light, ready to make a right turn. Which he does and pulls the Dakota over up the road. I kinda felt bad as I calmly drove past him and the cop, but it was his dumb *** that ran the red light, so I didnt feel too bad.

Quick Reply: Raced a Porsche Boxster around a 2000-2001 ish model...cops involved...