Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

ran in to a "500hp Civic"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunner
on a honda?

if not click the arrow inside one of my sig quotes to link to the thread

b18c5 (r) was a cyliner head that came on the c5 from japan was hand ported from the factory... it was actually a different casting number than the c5 from a usdm teg type r cylinder head i had worked on...

it also i noticed didnt flex at bad under boost like the usdm parts did.... it sucks we cant get decent parts here
Old 10-28-2007, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

ever built any k20 motors or any b18c5 motors, guy i went to HS with had a integra GSR with some of the best( excluding mugen) intake man., head, and cams, and full boltons and there wasnt many kids in town that could touch him.
ive done quite a few b18c5 motors... the problem is... you always had to worry if they were stolen.... the damn type r integras got stolen every day out here in so cal

i got really heavy into the k series motors... the heads are phenominal on them.. I did an RSX with a TSX head built bottom end with forged internals and just a basic jackson racing supercharger.... it ran really good but bounced a valve at about 12k miles... but i think it may have just been a bad valve spring... because he said right when it hit the vtec crossover was when he heard the "clack" and then it started sounding like it had a miss...

i rebuilt the head and it ran like a raped ape
Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you seen the vid of the 96 honda civic hatch w/a stock k20 swap and thats it take a viper from a roll on the hwy.? any way its close to being true?
Old 10-28-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha raped ape.. that was a good one ChevRacer83.. but a guy I worked with has a Nova with a 383 in it and he used to go out all the time 2 Firebird here (AZ) and drag it. He wrecked it when some jackass in a semi turned in front of him from the center lane. But anyway.. this guy with a CRX they used to know was crazy. Completely stripped barely a dash and driver seat. Built motor from ***** land and a descent turbo running like 20 psi it ran somethin just shy of a 9.. 10. somethin. But the cars a phantom to me..I've never seen it in my life and I've lived in this same neighborhood 4 10 yrs so as far as Im concerned its some horse hockey. But its plausible. Not practical haha
Old 10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

you seen the vid of the 96 honda civic hatch w/a stock k20 swap and thats it take a viper from a roll on the hwy.? any way its close to being true?
naw never saw that one... yeah i have seen some decently built hondas that can really fly.... but then again for the most part they are severely handicapped by the fwd layout.

the honda motors have excellent power making potential.. and the vtec technology is awesome...

you have the low speed cam lobe which is great for low speed and daily driving. great for emissions, great for bitchen idle..

then you have the high side lobe. you can have a large profile that is gret at high speed and lets it really open up..

i may get flamed for saying this but i wish we could take the dohc vtec technology and do that with our truck motors... imagine a truck that idles like the day it rolled off the showroom floor... then once you get to lets say 4000 rpm cross over to a higher lobe that is good from 4000 to 7500-8000

so you have a truck that can drive every day. then you floor it and it just runs.

ok let the flaming begin...

i dunno just thing its time we catch up with technology
Old 10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
haha raped ape.. that was a good one ChevRacer83.. but a guy I worked with has a Nova with a 383 in it and he used to go out all the time 2 Firebird here (AZ) and drag it. He wrecked it when some jackass in a semi turned in front of him from the center lane. But anyway.. this guy with a CRX they used to know was crazy. Completely stripped barely a dash and driver seat. Built motor from ***** land and a descent turbo running like 20 psi it ran somethin just shy of a 9.. 10. somethin. But the cars a phantom to me..I've never seen it in my life and I've lived in this same neighborhood 4 10 yrs so as far as Im concerned its some horse hockey. But its plausible. Not practical haha
haha i hear ya... i have been building engines for quite some time... i never thought these things would make any power.... but the stock cranks are pretty solid they can last to between 450 to 550 h.p. range depending on how your making it...

it would take a hell of alot to make a honda run 9s especially if you ever plan on it touching the street.

but if you ever wanna see an 11 sec street driven prelude... come down to so cal, and i can show you one... and theres also a daily driven turbo integra i built that to this day is making over 320 h.p. on the wastegate... and he drives it to work everyday..
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Launching!

I dont care how good there engines are.

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:32 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd love to see a VTEC powered LS engine too so I'm not gonna flame. However taken out of context that sentence can get me in a lot of trouble!
Old 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Freakenhye
I dont care how good there engines are.

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.
i used to think that way..... but you ride in some of the cars ive built.... you would be really suprised
Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I'd love to see a VTEC powered LS engine too so I'm not gonna flame. However taken out of context that sentence can get me in a lot of trouble!
only those who are closed minded would flame you julien... obviously you think of it from an engineering and design standpoint like i do....

the function of what the vtec system does is awesome and i only wish we could get the efficiency of those engines... i would love to see 100 h.p. per litre out of our engines... imagine my 480 h.p. 4.8

they honda has bone stock 1.8 b18c1 running 180 crank h.p.

im just talking about the efficiency

Quick Reply: ran in to a "500hp Civic"