Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Smoked a Titan last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say much but I test drove a WRX Impreza a couple years ago and it was a joke.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

God I love it when I start a controversy. Blowing that Titan away made my entire night. It is so funny when Hemi guys and Titans and anyone else for that matter pick on us chevy guys and get their butts handed to them. I was minding my own business, and he was talking shi* and he got shut up real quick. I am sure that they are all good trucks in their own right, but be careful who you start stuff with. Just because my truck looks bone stock and is really quiet, doesn't mean it hasn't been played with.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Norm02
Just because my truck looks bone stock and is really quiet, doesn't mean it hasn't been played with.
I hear that.If it wasn't for the exhaust coming out the side and the SVT badges I'd just look like a run of the mill F-150.It helps on the hwy to not have the euro lights in back.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No controversy here. You said the guy was driving like an idiot so it doesn't matter if he was in a Ferrari to me. People like that deserve to get crushed like a jellybean.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the head
Sounds like my opinion of a stock Chevy.
Granted at the time i was still driving my camaro, huge difference in acceleration so perhaps now it would feel much different.

On the sound, a stock chevy's muffler really has it making absolutely no sound whatsoever. Drive a titan around and you would swear it already had some kind of crappy aftermarket muffler, or an exhaust leak.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Good Kill!

Yeah, those Titans sure do suck.

I mean, they are pretty much all 'chevy stock' and run in the high 14's as such. Tsss
Old 03-31-2006, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sc186
Good Kill!

Yeah, those Titans sure do suck.

I mean, they are pretty much all 'chevy stock' and run in the high 14's as such. Tsss
What exactly does that mean??
Old 03-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Norm02
What exactly does that mean??

Good Kill!- Means 'good kill.' I hate idiot drivers.

Yeah, those Titans sure do suck.-This is a Chebby site, no? Just being facetious.

I mean, they are pretty much all 'chevy stock' and run in the high 14's as such. Tsss- here is where I make fun of the fact that even though Nissan crew cabs run the quarter in the high 14's with a catback and intake, people hate on em' for being slow or whatnot when they themselves either have a sig list of mods that reads like a Summit catalog or run some pathetic 16+second quarter.

This is a site where the majority of posts are 'go fast' related is it not? No matter which way you put it, Titans run pretty hard. No ands, ifs or but's about it.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

I would love to see a crew cab Titan with just an intake and cat back that runs high 14's. I absolutely left him like he was standing still and he was an extended cab 2wd. They supposedly put out 305 hp stock. I put out 285 stock. Intake=5-7 more hp. Cat-back 10-15 more hp. Tune 20-25 more hp. At most I have @ 325-330 at the rear wheels. With only 25 less Hp and no front axle or transfer case, it should have been a lot closer than it was if they are that fast. Oh by the way, that was not the first one that I have raced and beaten pretty solidly. I don't remember ever saying that they suck any way. I am sure that you drive a titan, but there is no reason to get your panties in a wad. This is forum that people post what they beat on the street. Nothing more to it than that. Have a nice day
Old 04-01-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, i got one of them this morning coming back from Salina KS. we didnt really run them IMO, we did a 70 to i-give-up (90-95mph) pulled about 4 trucks on him. but i have a summit catalog sig run what ya brung, dont talk **** if you cant back it up

Quick Reply: Smoked a Titan last night