Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Spanked a NBS Chevy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm02
Nice kill. Why is that the guys with the jacked up trucks always seem to have something to prove? I have owned several lifted trucks but I used them to play around offroad. It is really funny when you see some one getting out of a massive lifted truck and they are barely 5'0 tall. They need a parachute to get out of their trucks.
I am 6'8 275lbs, built like a bouncer. It just tickles me in away that you cant imagine when I see those little micro-men driving monster trucks. Overcompensating?

BTW I drive a lowered truck.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TIM Z
SWEET! Racing is always fun when your packin a hairdryer! btw, MY WIFE USE TO HATE IT but is getting use to it!
My girlfriend doesnt mind the hard acceleration, but, she hates when I take turns hard.

"Hunny I have over $1,000.oo in suspension mods. I should be able to double the 'suggested' speed for that turn. If not whats the point." always gets me dirty looks.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GoldenVelvet
I am 6'8 275lbs, built like a bouncer. It just tickles me in away that you cant imagine when I see those little micro-men driving monster trucks. Overcompensating?

BTW I drive a lowered truck.
Hey man I'm a shorty!! About 5'8" and 175lbs.
Just kidding, my trucks not jacked up though.
I have seen it the other way too, a guy like you getting out of a GEO Metro!!!! I have seen this more times than I can count around here.
Looks like Big Show crawling out of a little clown car. Guess they are trying to look a little smaller and less intimidating??

Holy crap, I just realized it and had to post edit. You are exactly one foot taller, and weigh exactly 100lbs more than me! You probably have stuff bigger in your dumps than me.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

(she still don't know I have a turbo...explain later)
hahaha

Holy crap, I just realized it and had to post edit. You are exactly one foot taller, and weigh exactly 100lbs more than me! You probably have stuff bigger in your dumps than me.
lmao. thats how me and my bestfriend werere! I was exactly 100 lbs heavier than him, now I lost some of it. but not highthwise.

golden- haha I can believe you fit in a RC truck lol. I dont even feel comfy in them and I'm only 6'3 240lb!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99BlAcKz71
hahaha

lmao. thats how me and my bestfriend werere! I was exactly 100 lbs heavier than him, now I lost some of it. but not highthwise.

golden- haha I can believe you fit in a RC truck lol. I dont even feel comfy in them and I'm only 6'3 240lb!

Yes I must admit I have never come clean to the Mrs. about what is up with my truck. Ever since she got her new Maxima last year she never has the itch to drive my truck anymore.
Its all for the best really. I don't think she would be able to handle it if she accidentally stomped it and went side ways.
She thinks my exhaust is broken and the whine and the rest of the weird sounds are the transmission being re-done high-perf so it wouldn't blow up on me again.
The list of half truths and deception go on and on but I would not have my truck where I want it to be if she knew how much all this **** costs.
I feel bad sometimes about it, but she just don't understand about being a gearhead, speed and power freak.
She has never intentional put a car into a slide, even in winter just for kicks.
I love her, but engines and stuff like that don't do **** for her.

There I've come clean here at least, my therapy session is over!!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
Don't know what he had but he seemed to be asking for it.
I was out with the wife late morning yesterday going to look for padio furniture.
We got to the place and it was not opened yet, needless to say I was not in a good mood after driving 25 miles to a place that was not opened yet.
We started driving around the area looking for something to blow some time, the guy must have heard me pull out from the place we stopped at because he came right up on my bumper at the stop light.
His truck was lifted with maybe 36-38" tires and a suspension lift of at least 10", also a HUGE white Chevy logo in the back window and duals out back.
He threw some revs behind me while the light was red, then we left the light and I took off fairly quickly. I let him stay with me and he got along side.
I was in the left lane and he was to the right, my wife was like what are you doing?!
She knew something was about to go down. She hates racing to say the least.
He started to climb in the revs a little, I could hear the duals on his ride getting ready to go. We were even at this point and I looked over at him and just punched it from about 35-40mph, she kicked down and broke the tires loose and took off hard. My wife was like WTF?!?!? I was like "he was asking for it", I ran up to about 85mph in a 35 zone which seemed more than enough since he was still wayyy behind me wondering what just happened to him. This was the first time my wife has experienced a 8psi run up to any speed,(she still don't know I have a turbo...explain later)
I had a right turn coming up to get into the lot where I was headed, eased in his lane (mine now ) and put my right signal on. He did a semi-ricer fly-by at about 60mph looking over at me.
I don't think he was expecting to get stomped by a stock looking 02 Z71.
God I wish my wife was not with me, I never seem to get anyone to race when I'm alone, but as soon as the wife's on board the ricers and everyone else want some!!
It was just the thing to vent my prior gas wasting trip disappointment to get padio furniture.
I want a rematch to give him a better shot!
Great story!! You kind of let the cat out of the bag
by jumping on it with her in the truck. Did she drive
it much before the STS mod?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by white1
Nice. My wife used to always just look at me when I did **** like that. Most women just dont understand "He was asking for it"

Man I must have one great wife. She don't like the coners much ether, but after we got the exhaust done on her 05, She would tell me about all the people she raced (and beat) on the way home from work.

My wife knows about the every thing I have ever spent on my truck. She don't like it, but at least she understands.

Nice kill btw, and good luck with your wife. that is pretty funny that you got her to believe that.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think I'm very lucky with my g/f as well about this stuff. We have been talking about restoring and hot rodding my '70 Cutlass and she is genuinely excited about it. I think she is even mildly amused when put the truck through a couple of gears once in a while. She was really surprised when I pointed out a modded WRX STI that would have probably spanked us. She's all like in disbelief, "that car can beat this truck.. this truck??". So I know she thinks the truck's pretty badass.

Not too long ago I dropped her off at her mom's and she was supposed to meet me back at the house in a little bit. I told her I was going right home to take a shower, but I didn't because I had just changed the plugs and wanted to run 'er a little. Well, I stayed out a little too long and she was already home when I got there and I'm like s@#!. As soon as I walked in she's like "You're so busted". She totally knew I was out looking for trouble and she thinks it's funny and cute. She's a totally cool chic but she drew the line the other day when I wanted to run a RT Magnum off of a light while I was driving her S430 Mercedes with our daughter and groceries in the car. Good thing...it's obvious that she has more sense than I do
Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So most women don't like racing? Might explain why I'm single.....
Old 04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 04HemiBeast
Great story!! You kind of let the cat out of the bag
by jumping on it with her in the truck. Did she drive
it much before the STS mod?
She did drive it often enough, maybe once a week. Its all over now, too loud for her, she does not like drawing attention to herself on the road.
Get this one....she has never had a speeding ticket in her life, never even been pulled over for it. Not that she doesn't speed, she's just plain lucky!
I'm jealous.
As far as letting the cat out of the bag, she still don't know it has a turbo, even if she looked right at it she would not know what it is or if it was there when I bought the truck. She is not a mechanical person at all.
Ever time I even kind of get on it she's like "here we go, ready for lift off" just because of all the sounds and weird noises it makes, the statement is done with a serious amount of eye rolling and sarcasim.
She is too funny some times, even if she doesn't like all the attention she still thinks I'm funny for driving the truck the way it is. She is always like "doesn't it bother you with all the noise?"...."nope"

Last edited by TG02Z71; 04-19-2006 at 02:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Spanked a NBS Chevy.