Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

SRT-10 Owner Punks Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-10 Owner Punks Out

Whoa new site- kinda took me by suprise! First off, this is not a stab at the SRT-10 guys out there- this is a stab at a particular owner of a Grey SRT-10 QC in who recently bought a boat and a sea-doo from my place of business. This older gentleman comes in to pick up his boat and makes it a main point of his visit to show off his SRT-10 QC. Nothing wrong with that. "It's got 500hp" he says, which is true, but then he scans the parking lot "and it will smoke anything in this lot" which MAY be true and I really had no problem with such a claim (although SRT-10 QC's only running in the 13.8-14.0 range leads me to believe I can beat him). Anyhow, upon hearing such a statement, my friend and I ask him to run...AND HE DECLINES! I showed him my stock-looking Silverado 2wd and he sneers "I dont want to hurt anyones feelings". "Come on" we said, he continually said NO. Either this guy is really arrogant or he is afraid his 500hp truck might loose to a lowly chevy...i don't know. I guess I tend to get a little pissed off when people want to talk **** and when you ask them to put their money where their mouth is they won't do it. If the particular gentleman reads this message you know where to find me so come and get some and lets see if your truck lives up to the hype. I say that in the FRIENDLIEST possible way.

That just my 2 cents on crap like that...if you're gonna talk then BACK IT UP.
Have a nice day...great new site!!!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hate it when people do **** like that. Btw, how big of a shot are you running?
Old 06-30-2005, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

only a 75 due to severe traction limitations...with the upcoming tune and some meats out back its back to the 150. I est. i'm in the mid-high 13's right now with the 75.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Wood Hauler
only a 75 due to severe traction limitations...with the upcoming tune and some meats out back its back to the 150. I est. i'm in the mid-high 13's right now with the 75.
Can a 150 shot be ran just as safe as a 100 shot? Shouldnt you upgrade your fuel pump to make sure you dont run lean because the fuel pump cant keep up?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Are you sure it wasn't a fake. I only ask because Grey isn't a color choice for the srt-10. He could of been a hemi with the srt-10 hood, bumpers, side skirts and rims. Over at srt10forum.com the a QC has posted ac 13.6 1/4mile stock.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ive seen grey ones, But he was old maybe his to grown up. But still he should have not said anything.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Teching In

I had a similiar thing happened to me a year or so back by a guy that I knew. He had about a 70 chevy truck with a 350. He talked so much $hit about how it was the fastest thing around. After riding in it, and realizing it definately wasn't any faster than mine, probably not as fast I challenged him to back his mouth up. Long story short, I got mad, called him a pu$$y, and went home cause he still wouldn't race. A few months later he got beat at the track by one of my buddies in a mid 90s Ford, that I beat by a couple of truck lengths. Some people are just $hit-talkers!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toe
Are you sure it wasn't a fake. I only ask because Grey isn't a color choice for the srt-10. He could of been a hemi with the srt-10 hood, bumpers, side skirts and rims. Over at srt10forum.com the a QC has posted ac 13.6 1/4mile stock.

The quad cab came in grey didn't it??? Or it might have been silver, but if it was a quadcab those things weigh a whhooooollleee lot....I can't wait to run into an srt-10(truck).

-Brad
Old 07-01-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

A guy I know bougth a RC SRT-10 and was out at the track and he couldnt catch traction worth a ****. He was running 14.8's and 14.9's! I felt bad for the guy. So he bought some 18" slicks and came back out a few weeks later and was running like 14.2's. It wasnt the track becuase It was prepped nicely he couldnt launch it. Later that night he blew his rear end out! IMO most of the people that buy them do just for braggin rights about HP and the Viper motor and they do look mean as hell!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TigerFan187
A guy I know bougth a RC SRT-10 and was out at the track and he couldnt catch traction worth a ****. He was running 14.8's and 14.9's! I felt bad for the guy. So he bought some 18" slicks and came back out a few weeks later and was running like 14.2's. It wasnt the track becuase It was prepped nicely he couldnt launch it. Later that night he blew his rear end out! IMO most of the people that buy them do just for braggin rights about HP and the Viper motor and they do look mean as hell!
I think I saw that truck at NPR when he was running his 14.8's and the like.........I was like..................WTFFFFFFFFFFFF............I know its faster than that haha

Quick Reply: SRT-10 Owner Punks Out