Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

SS Silverado Kill

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS Silverado Kill

So last night I was heading back home (Towards houston from the southside). I pulled up at this light to make a left and this loud cammed SS Silverado pulls up behind me. We proceeded through the light and I got on the freeway. I was thinking to myself (Lets see what my stock 6.2L stacks up againest a Cammed/Stalled 6.0)

When he caught up with me I couldn't even hear my truck cause his was so damn loud, it was hard to get his attention. So i gassed it a bit to get infront of him. Around that time he nailed and so did I(Going about 65-70), I started to pull him from my astonishment. I had him by a 1 1/2 truck lengths when my speed limiter kicked in at 98mph.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but i thought forsure he would walk me being cammed and all. It could of been an AWD heavy ****, but still he would have to be pushing atleast the same if not more HP than me ?

Anyways, what i take away from this is....Just cause your **** is loud doesn't make it fast lol
Old 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill
Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I killed a stock one.LOL good kill btw. And your right, there are plenty loud trucks out there that are slow as ****.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Nice kill.

+1 on loud trucks. Just cause it makes a lot of noise doesn't mean it's going anywhere fast. There are a couple doges around town that just have straight pipes that think they are bad *** but a stock Honda civic would pull on them....
Old 09-07-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a FBO Heads/cam with cut-out. Supposed to be sick off the line but gets rolled on past a 40roll. Sounds like a bad combo to me.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are definately some quick trucks around that are loud though....when i would race people in my rcsb they would put their hands over their ears cause it was so loud e-cutouts FTW
Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. I am sure he was trying to figure out WTF happened lol

I dunno why, but I have never been impressed with the lq9. Would have totally been sick for chevy to put the LS2 in there instead, but as usual, chevy is always just doing one stupid thing or another on their SS line. Either the engine comes up short, or the transmission. Why can't they just slap in the bad *** motor with the bad *** transmission? For instance, TBSS with a 4 speed transmission.

Anyway, I digress. Sounds like your truck runs pretty good
Old 09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
It's a FBO Heads/cam with cut-out. Supposed to be sick off the line but gets rolled on past a 40roll. Sounds like a bad combo to me.
Did he mention if it was an AWD SS or 2WD ? Ether way im not impressed in the least. Lets do some bench racing here shall we =)

The truck probably weighs a good 5300-5500 if its AWD, if its 2WD around 5000 maybe less (It was an Ext cab). The Stock LQ9 that year was 345hp, you figure heads,cam,LT should put him at least 450 Flywheel HP with a good tune.

Now my truck is bone stock with a Magnaflow muffler (Seriously doubt it adds any HP at my current mod level) and i just got through weighing my truck the other day, it comes in at 5125 (Without me and about a half tank of 93Octane). I wouldn't say my truck is a freek, to me it feels like a high 14 sec ride.

I guess i'm not giving myself enough credit, cause I thought for sure a cammed LQ9 would roll me pretty hard.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Troponin

I dunno why, but I have never been impressed with the lq9. Would have totally been sick for chevy to put the LS2 in there instead, but as usual, chevy is always just doing one stupid thing or another on their SS line. Either the engine comes up short, or the transmission. Why can't they just slap in the bad *** motor with the bad *** transmission? For instance, TBSS with a 4 speed transmission.

Its so damn simply really, Just take a RCSB Truck and stuff a 6.2/6speed in it. They would sell like hotcakes and you could even go as far as to put a SS Badge on it or hell drop a LS7 in one like Paco did.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Troponin

thats funny because i never been impressed by a ls2 really. even though both of us are wrong its just funny we feel that way.

anyways i would crash my truck into a pole if a stock 6.2 beat me lol good kill man

Quick Reply: SS Silverado Kill