Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Street racing is funny sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Street racing is funny sometimes

I saw all of these threads on street races and decided to add one of many.I do quite a bit of racing during the summer and at the usual hangout there was a kid w/ a older foxbody stang.Well this kid thinks he's big and bad because he's got a 347 w/ a blower.He walks up and asks if the L was mine.I tell him it is and of course he wants to race.I figured why not the kid was already doing enough stupid stuff to give me the idea he has no clue how to drive.So we lined up and started from a dig.I'm too busy keeping the truck from spinning to really pay attention to his launch.After everything was said and done I beat him by roughly 4 car lengths.It was so funny to see the look on his face.Needless to say he never showed at the races again.Now I've raced anything from rice to other L's,of course I've lost a few races also,but the best race I ever had of all things was against a Lancer Evo.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its always fun to put some little know it all kid in their place.. I think the Lancer Evo would be the only foreign made car that I would own.. Those things are really fun to drive.. I knew a guy who traded one in on a Scion XB
Old 12-30-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Needless to say he never showed at the races again.
Good kill and I don't understand why people do the above...
Why give up because of one race... I think its rediculous. Get back in there and get some more **** done.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ridnlow
.. I think the Lancer Evo would be the only foreign made car that I would own.. Those things are really fun to drive..
I know they had sensor issues come to light on these cars. People in muscle cars with loud exhaust and lope would pull up next to them, throw a rev or two and the Evo's would shut down. Completely turn off. Pretty damn hillarious when you can win a race against someone by throwing a rev and killing their mill at the line and then slowly ease away dwon the street, pulling them by however many car lengths it took to get them to get their car started again. I suspect that has been worked out but I saw this happen about 4 months ago and about cried from laughing so damn hard.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sport Side
Good kill and I don't understand why people do the above...
Why give up because of one race... I think its rediculous. Get back in there and get some more **** done.

I think it is because they talked so much ****. People forget that there is always someone faster. I lost to an L. Instead of being a dick I was like nice truck. I ended up being friends with the guy. But now it is time for a rematch.

Smoke
Old 12-30-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FlyingLow
I think it is because they talked so much ****. People forget that there is always someone faster. I lost to an L. Instead of being a dick I was like nice truck. I ended up being friends with the guy.
True. I never understood why people have to take it so seriously. If you can't have fun even when you lose, you shouldn't be doing it. I guess it's a maturity issue, some people get their identity too integrated into their ride.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u by chance live in ocala dude ? sounds familar , the cars u mentioned and ur truck . but nice kill .
Old 12-30-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Lightning
I saw all of these threads on street races and decided to add one of many.I do quite a bit of racing during the summer and at the usual hangout there was a kid w/ a older foxbody stang.Well this kid thinks he's big and bad because he's got a 347 w/ a blower.He walks up and asks if the L was mine.I tell him it is and of course he wants to race.I figured why not the kid was already doing enough stupid stuff to give me the idea he has no clue how to drive.So we lined up and started from a dig.I'm too busy keeping the truck from spinning to really pay attention to his launch.After everything was said and done I beat him by roughly 4 car lengths.It was so funny to see the look on his face.Needless to say he never showed at the races again.Now I've raced anything from rice to other L's,of course I've lost a few races also,but the best race I ever had of all things was against a Lancer Evo.
Nice first post. Welcome to the site! Lightnings are bad *** trucks. I hope I never get teased by a Lightning on the street.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Actually I'm from Mo.I will say this though I'd really like to take on a SRT Ram sometime just for the heck of it.As far as losing to vehicles the biggest problem I have are w/ the Camaros and T/As.I agree L's are pretty mean but they also suck at hooking up on street tires. Actually the funniest race I've ever seen was a extended cab 4x4 Power Stroke just completely whooping the crap out of a newer Eclipse.Of course he was far from stock too.

Last edited by 99Lightning; 12-31-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:15 AM
Staging Lane

Why give up because of one race... I think its rediculous. Get back in there and get some more **** done.[/QUOTE]
I think he couldn't face the fact that his hyped up Stang was smoked by a 4800-5000lb truck

Quick Reply: Street racing is funny sometimes