Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Titan goes down like the titaninc

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured that with about the same hp and 40 more TQ they would be a good race.
I guess I'm not quite stock, but not far from.
He had a stock tailpipe, that's all I could tell.

It's always fun to find someone else with the ***** to race, even when the road was curvy and had some traffic.
Whether I win or lose races, and a .
Those guys are like you and me, and noone has the fastest truck.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the head
Titans have crap gearing. 3.36 is the best you can go with the offroad or towing package. 2.94 is the std gearing, I think. The power doesn't come on until 3200 rpm or so. It's the 5 spd auto that's making the difference (OK so yeah, you can count that as gearing but I was referring to the rear alone).
To date I think mine was the only one to run a 15.1 bone stock. Most are running 15.4-15.8 here in Houston in stock trim.
I think the "great gearing" he was referring to were those inside the transmission. It helps them run 0-60 quicker than many other full size pickups.
Originally Posted by BigBadBoy
the head, umm thats pretty slow for stock. there have been high 14's stock if they are a RCSB 2WD your time is good if you have a 4x4 but slow if you have a 2wd but then again weather makes a big diff. my 2WD QC ran a better time than your truck when i was stock
Your TITAN? That's evidently what he was talking about. I've never seen a Titan run quicker than 15.1, so I don't know what's quick or slow for them.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Yah inside the transmission, the fact that they have an extra gear before going to a 1 to 1 ratio really helps them out.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigBadBoy
the head, umm thats pretty slow for stock. there have been high 14's stock if they are a RCSB 2WD your time is good if you have a 4x4 but slow if you have a 2wd but then again weather makes a big diff. my 2WD QC ran a better time than your truck when i was stock
If you know where a RCSB titan is, send me the pic.

I see you have the invincible 03 Hemi year model. I have yet to see any other year Hemi truck run as well as that one year. I never had a problem with any QC Hemis here in Houston, stock on stock. But that means about squat. The TMR mod sure is nice.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by the head
If you know where a RCSB titan is, send me the pic.

I see you have the invincible 03 Hemi year model. I have yet to see any other year Hemi truck run as well as that one year. I never had a problem with any QC Hemis here in Houston, stock on stock. But that means about squat. The TMR mod sure is nice.
Invincible?? oh I like that! now if you would, point me to the mod god that can make it true for me!! I REALLY need fast! and I ain't talk bout the N2O god either.... already sold my soul there!

TJ
Old 07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

their rear end gering is good too u might say 3.36 is crap but that in a 5 speed equals a 3.92-4.10 in a 4 speed gear box.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

TBO I don't think he was racing you. You would have been beaten. I think he was in a hurry to get somewhere and there was a lot of trafffic. If you are following the guy it is MUCH easier to follow and catch up intead of leading the way and carving through traffic. Maybe the guy was out of his comfort zone in the traffic. If you're in Miami Florida I have a Titan LE BT CC if you want a taste. But none of this starting at 70mph sneak up and follow me BS. lol.

Originally Posted by Moddoo
Good morning.
On the way to work today, I notice a titan driving aggressively down the freeway ahead of me. I have been waiting for this opportunity for a while! I speed up to get a shot at him and he notices and begins driving 90 through traffic while I'm still a block behind. The road is pretty curvy and traffic is kinda thick, so I maintain my distance until he has to slow down a bit.

So I'm about 1 1/2 lengths behind him, we're going 60 waiting for an opening on this 4 lane racetrack. He gets a little room and floors it, then I do. We are racing through traffic, (sketchy). 70, he's not gaining at all, 80 I am gaining on him, 90 I'm closing in, 100 I'm too close to him, 110 I'm on his bumper, soon after we hit the brakes hard due to traffic.

He wouldn't even look over at me as I passed him a little later.

What a great drive to work!

Info somewhere says they do a 14.2 1/4 mi. Must be the 2wd. My truck can't be that fast.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

You talkin to me?
Edited for taste.

Git outta here ya lil troll

My keyboard is faster than yours.

Last edited by Moddoo; 08-21-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Moddoo
You talkin to me?
Edited for taste.

Git outta here ya lil troll

My keyboard is faster than yours.
of course i am.

Troll? no way I am here to stay sooo move over or better yet catch up if you can.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SoBeGraphics
of course i am.

Troll? no way I am here to stay sooo move over or better yet catch up if you can.

You ricer guys crack me up. Do you have altesas too?

Quick Reply: Titan goes down like the titaninc