Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

actually looking at the 06 Civic Si.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL trying to be fast in a Toyota FJ Cruiser =

Last edited by jrmchevyman; 03-19-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndysC3
Why do some people even try. I'm at a red light and one of those Toyota FJ Cruiser's pull up next to me, rolls down his window, and I guess he heard my cam and starts bumping on the gas. The road goes from 2 to 1 lane right after the red light. On green he takes off, and I nail the gas and leave him in the dust. The speed limit is 40 and I'm going about 50 and he starts tailgating me. He finally turned onto another road.
Why cant I ever get someone with a real vehicle to race me. All of the new Mustangs, Camaros and BMWs are driven by elderly people who have no interest in going fast. WTF. Sorry for the rant. Lets hear some other stories like this.
I had the Procharger on the truck for little over a week before coming back to work and was begging for someone to challenge me at a light. The only thing I had even suggest that they were trying was a older silverado with some exhaust. Same thing road goes from 2-1 around a corner. I was on the inside and just proceed like normal till I heard them downshift and get on it. Wife already knew what was up and grabbed the oh **** handle and yea......

I hope once summer hits some of the Camaro SS and Stangs around town will play
Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Nobody will race my truck, on the track or on the street. I seem to get lined up against race cars on test n tune at the track. I need a new truck that isn't known around town.
That's not true. That Nissan Titan wanted some of you... and you proceeded to bitch slap him all the way down the track. Then he moved to me and I pulled him all the way down the track also LOL

Titan Mentioned..

Not sure where he went to......LOL

No pic of the actual run... but he is behind me coming back

Your fastest run to date was against a pretty beastly older Camaro. I am pretty sure he was not expecting you to be trailing so close in his rear view mirror
Old 03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey now i race people all the time in my girlfriends ford explorer just to mess with them. no bragging points when they win, but if they somehow lose...that's priceless. especially if they have passengers along
Old 03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DR132
Hey now i race people all the time in my girlfriends ford explorer just to mess with them. no bragging points when they win, but if they somehow lose...that's priceless. especially if they have passengers along
This.. when my wife had the Nissan Altima I would switch it into sport shift and take on anyone trying. Didn't win many but when you do it's hysterical.

Drag racing?? - YouTube
Old 03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill have to come cruse with ya mane when i get my darn truck done haha

Why do some people even try. I'm at a red light and one of those Toyota FJ Cruiser's pull up next to me, rolls down his window, and I guess he heard my cam and starts bumping on the gas. The road goes from 2 to 1 lane right after the red light. On green he takes off, and I nail the gas and leave him in the dust. The speed limit is 40 and I'm going about 50 and he starts tailgating me. He finally turned onto another road.
Why cant I ever get someone with a real vehicle to race me. All of the new Mustangs, Camaros and BMWs are driven by elderly people who have no interest in going fast. WTF. Sorry for the rant. Lets hear some other stories like this.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Can't get anything in the grocery-getter either. Maybe I need a cutout or a big NOS sticker on the back window
Old 03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
This.. when my wife had the Nissan Altima I would switch it into sport shift and take on anyone trying. Didn't win many but when you do it's hysterical.
the best kill i have from the ol' 4.0 explorer was when the GF was driving, a couple russian kids in a late 90's civic pulled out to pass going up a long straight hill, i told her to punch it so she dropped two gears and got on it, stopped their pull and started walking away from them...next working day the same civic came into my shop for a tune-up
Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got another one this morning. Was at a red light and a NNBS Silverado pulls up next to me. The light turns green and I start to go, at about 25% throttle. The Silverado starts to accelerate so I go to about 50%. I hear him drap a gear so I punch it and pull two and a half trucks on him till about 60. A school zone was comming up and a photo radar van usually sits there so I let out and start coasting down and he does the ricer flyby. Some people are sore losers lol.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why cant I ever get someone with a real vehicle to race me. All of the new Mustangs, Camaros and BMWs are driven by elderly people who have no interest in going fast.
Same **** here. So many women drive Gt stangs, f-bodys, tbss's, etc...

I tried playing with a guy in a mustang that had a 5" tach and pillar guages, but I think the turbo/bov scared him.