Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never understood the ricer fly by. If I get smoked I will at least roll the window down and wave or give a thumbs up
Old 03-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yea, the other day there was a STi behind me, so I did a little burnout taking off. Then he just sped up and got in front of me for some reason. Didn't know what that was all about, lol.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Never understood the ricer fly by. If I get smoked I will at least roll the window down and wave or give a thumbs up
X2, I got smoked by a badass Porsche while in my Camaro. I just gave the guy thumbs up. No biggie...
Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got another one last night. I'm driving down the road. Going about 48 in a 40. There was a ECSB with Vortec Max on the side in the lane next to me going about 45. When I get next to him he punches it. By the time I punch it he is about a half truck ahead. by the time I reach 80 he was a truck behind. I let off and coast back to 45. He pulls up next to me like he wants a rematch. I give it a little gas, he punches it then I do then I pull him by about two lengths. I had to turn off so he didn't get to do a ricer flyby lol.
I just switched from SD to MAF and the tune wasnt quite on. Running about 10.8 AFR. Need to get that fixed.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Teching In

I can never get anyone to mess with me(not that I'm looking for races). I've messed with my buddies stage 2 srt4 from a roll and those things just go from a roll(he pulled lengths..)! took an 04 Audi S4 from a dig and 10'GC SRT8 from a freeway roll by a truck length. Other then that, not much else worthy of messing with. Sure the kids in with the spoilers and exhausts pull up next to me, but that ain't worth my gas. haha anytime a truck is takin' a sports car is a good day!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I havent had anyone want to run since I did my cam and converter swap but I still beat on the truck so my original trans is slipping really really bad, I have been taking it easy lately till my FLT Level 6 shows up and ofcourse today has to be the day that someone wants to run and its an Audi TT roadster and like a true sport I thought I would give it a shot and damn did I surprise him when I was pulling on him with my trans slipping like a ****
Cant wait to see what I will do with a good trans
Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z
I tried playing with a guy in a mustang that had a 5" tach and pillar guages, but I think the turbo/bov scared him.
I get that every now and then. I never get taunted in traffic cause I look too stock, but when I see a vette or something driving with some spirit, I give em a little throttle. The sound of the turbo really discourages them, though. lol
Old 04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Seems like everyone is for pole position on my driving route to/from work. Even utility vehicles will go full WOT at the light lol.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kay9
Seems like everyone is for pole position on my driving route to/from work. Even utility vehicles will go full WOT at the light lol.
yup, i have run everything imaginable while commuting to work. trucks, suv's, crossovers, wagons, hatchbacks, kids in daddys corvette (i got smoked, lol).

always somebody trying to be the next don garlits while driving to work. i have pretty much given up on racing folks. there is very rarely any challenge, and i don't need any more tickets.