Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 GMC Yukon XL SLE swap to SLT interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
no title here

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 04 GMC Yukon XL SLE swap to SLT interior questions

I have an 04 GMC Yukon XL and it is an SLE. A friend of mine got an SLT that was wrecked and I was going to swap the interiors. His has a rear dvd, heated seats, second row buckets (mine has bench), center console and mine has the jump seat, climate control, stereo controls on the steering wheel, and the Bose stereo. I want to know what all can I swap. Mine doesn't have the heated seats but is the wiring there, mine doesn't have the Bose could I upgrade it, mine isn't a climate controlled truck it has the manual slider. The vehicle will be available to get whatever I need I am just curious how far I should take the swap. It started with seats and center console and the ideas have spread like wildfire. I will be getting some Dynamat and a new carpet kit so the interior will be fresh because it should be getting painted very soon. Please anyone with the experience let me know. Also my driver's is power and the passenger is manual so would it be a problem to make that swap also? Again thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard alot of the stuff is ready wired. Wonder how much of that is true.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Okay heres what I know I have a 05 reg. cab silverado without power seats, when I went and got the Silverado SS interior out of an 06, I got seats, console, and door panels I had to get the floor harness from an SS that runs throughout the whole truck and I took mine out and ran the SS one through my truck, everything was plug n play I just followed where my old one ran ofcourse i had an extra couple feet of wire in the end but I hid it behind the panels but everything worked perfect. Seat heaters, lumbar all that great stuff. Works as if it were factory installed.

So i would recomend you take all harnesses outta the fully loaded truck and just give it a swing, im pretty sure it will workout all these trucks are made the same from the get go and then later down the line they add the trim levels so it should be plug n play.
(Sorry for the Long post)
Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM
no title here

No that is awesome. Were the wires for the seat heaters in the door or what? Where did the floor harness connect? Did you get the Bose stereo and did you connect the Bose sub in the center console? I am also curious about the climate control and the roof mounted tv
Old 02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
no title here

Would the relays, or needed fuses be there or would I need to add them to the box? You would think it would be prewired but there would be small differences in the harness and etc.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Launching!

I didnt mess with any wiring in the door I guess the floor harness took care of everything, the main plug for the harness is located behind the brake pedal against the wall. What i did was i got the new harness ready went into my truck took the seats, carpet, panels, door panels everything of then I followed the original harness everywhere it made a stop(plug) then I routed the new harness over the old one and started to unplug the old one and plug in the new one at a time so everything would be plugged in correctly I also bolted in all the grounds as the old ones were. The floor harness basiclly ran from under my pedals(main plug) to my abs module under my seat-plugged in to my seat-my rear panel 6x9 speaker-rear window defrost-pass side rear panel 6x9 speaker-pass side seat. as far as the console thats a different harness that runs under the console (which i dont have) i also dont have the 6cd so I cant really say much about the bose. I never messed with any relays because everything works just fine so i didnt look further into it... Let me know if you got anymore questions I'd be more than happy to help you out.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
no title here

I found a place to get carpet kits really cheap. They are going to mail me some samples to compair colors and I will order it very soon. I really hope everything goes as smooth with my swap as it did for you.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
no title here

anymore input