Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Avalanche Wheel Question?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Avalanche Wheel Question?

Im picking up a new 05 Avalanche soon and wanted to know whats involved with installing bigger rims? I like the 20in chevy wheel but the price seems to high. The dealer said that they charge maybe 300 to recalibrate the speedo and wheel sensors if i buy my own wheels. Also was looking for reccomendations on where to get chrome wheels/ tires for a black truck w/o body hardware. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
Old 07-14-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get 20" wheels and tires that are the same height as your factory wheels, so no recalibration is necessary. Even if it is bigger or smaller, it wont be off that much at all...unless you get 28s lol.
nothing more than taking off the old wheels and putting the new ones on with new lugs and I suggest locking lugs is required for installation.
and what do you mean, "wheels sensors"? I'm assuming its the tire pressure display on your dash. Nitto and continental offer that feature in thier tires and I know others do to, just not off the top of my head, but that is pretty expensive.
hope that helps
Old 07-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Launching!

thanks for the response Im not sure what he was talking about either. This truck is loaded with on star, so i dont know what electronic gadgets its got. They wanted 3400 for thier 20" rims and tires which i think is a little pricey. They would be covered for 3yrs under the warranty so thats a plus. I figured the guy was trying to get me to buy there wheels thats why he said all this recalibrating needed to be done.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=TWANKYDEUCE]You can get 20" wheels and tires that are the same height as your factory wheels, so no recalibration is necessary. Even if it is bigger or smaller, it wont be off that much at all...unless you get 28s lol.
nothing more than taking off the old wheels and putting the new ones on with new lugs and I suggest locking lugs is required for installation.
and what do you mean, "wheels sensors"? I'm assuming its the tire pressure display on your dash. Nitto and continental offer that feature in thier tires and I know others do to, just not off the top of my head, but that is pretty expensive.