SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 SILVERADO vs 07 tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it?? Is it that goddam badge that gets people off???
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL i know im a Chevy owner myself and just wanted to change GM seems to make the same base truck every year and just change some little bullshit things and the body a little. i heard a super charger is in the making as we speak. and yea i don't care much for the tundras looks, but look at us now we change that stuff anyways.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Launching!

This a is a GM dominated forum, of course verybody will say get a chevy. But go with the TRUNDRA, Toyota is the future, Ive driven enough Tundras to tell you that they are pretty bad ***!
Old 07-28-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dani7
ya 4.7 idk i couldn't remember what silverado was 4.3 right anyways , just not sure about the silverdo they really down graded the trucks it seems i just like the look of them but overall i think the tundra would be a monster on the streets
how did they downgrade the trucks. i like my 01, but i'd easily take a 07 GMC with all the same goodies my 01 has, no doubt about it.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgvsierra
how did they downgrade the trucks. i like my 01, but i'd easily take a 07 GMC with all the same goodies my 01 has, no doubt about it.
I agree, they're finally starting to put bigger engines in our trucks(first the lq9 in the vortec max and soon hopefully the 6.2).

They also seem to have gotten rid of our cheap dash(yes us 99-07 owners have a shitty snap on dash). While the styling looks like **** on the nnbs(personal opinion). They seem to be much better trucks, although they are still far behind ford and toyota(IMO).

If if you plan to do anything to your truck get the Chevy. It will work itself out down the road when you find yourself with more than just 1-2 options like you would with that Tundra.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i dont see how they downgraded, or just changed a few bullshit looks. they redesigned the entire truck from the ground up with a completely new frame. it sounds like you need to do a little more research. and for the price of the tundra, you could have a way faster chevy or gmc. i paid 25k out the door for my fully loaded 06, put less thank 2k in parts and im right where the tundras are if not a little faster. not to mention im only a 5.3. if you got a vortec max, bolt ons and tune to start, youd be way happier.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06sierra5.3
i dont see how they downgraded, or just changed a few bullshit looks. they redesigned the entire truck from the ground up with a completely new frame. it sounds like you need to do a little more research. and for the price of the tundra, you could have a way faster chevy or gmc. i paid 25k out the door for my fully loaded 06, put less thank 2k in parts and im right where the tundras are if not a little faster. not to mention im only a 5.3. if you got a vortec max, bolt ons and tune to start, youd be way happier.

here and there they are basicly same truck we have all been buying for years GM makes a great truck but i think we are goign see a turn in the market of trucks I think tundras are going to bring a whole new field to the sport truck seen pretty soon, trying to compete with the SS. i think in a few years they will be successfully in running with the big dogs who dominated the half ton category for years.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to sound traitor but I bought my 07 FJ Cruiser in April and I love that bitch. Not as much as my truck (nobody has as much character as that hoe), but I still love it. I really wanted a 4WD duramax but I couldn't afford it and wouldn't think about spending 30k+ for a used truck. The Cruiser is a serious crawler, 19mpg hwy so far (only 5k on motor),4WD, actually pretty quick for an offroad UV, still drives smooth as hell, plus only 28K loaded well. Love the toyota,.. but the Sierra is what hits the track

Oh ya, haven't driven the tundra so can't say anything bout that fugger
Old 07-28-2007, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im wondering if you have your mind made up on the toyota. the only tundra i like is the tundra crewmax. those things are high as giraffe ***** though. The only thing i dont really care for in the silverado is how they cropped the roof. If you really compare . they took stuff from the other companys ford and dodge. and put it in the chevy. ford has the big blue oval on the tailgate, chevy has the bowtie. dodge put the big face grille on the map, now chevy has one. i guess they did that to appeal to all truck lovers. which may have been a good idea. the tundra is not all that. you say you want to hop it up..how? there is no aftermarket. maybe never will be either. that big engine is not that big a deal. chevy has a proven rep for being THE truck! I had a ford before my chevy it was a great truck, but just didnt have what all i needed. I love my chevy. the toyota is just smoke and glass man. go test drive them. it just depends on what you want in a truck. maybe one day i will get the nnbs. never a toyota. they build cool cars . trucks...nah.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:07 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a few ways to look at it, it all depends on what you're looking for. Myself, I have worked for Toyota/Lexus since 1992, yet I drive a Chevy truck. Prior to that I had an 85 Monte SS, before that a 71 Camaro, etc...I'm a Chevy guy. (with an 82 Corolla in between as a beater). I will not let my wife, mother, or any other family member that expects me to service their vehicle drive anything but a Toyota, as I only want one vehicle in the family that requires constant attention lol. The Toyota's hardly ever break, period. (yea, I heard about the camshaft thing, a bad batch from a supplier, **** happens to every manufacturer). Toyota has an excellent warranty and a positive GoodWill Warranty policy. But, the more I look at the Tundra compared to the NNBS GM's, I feel that the GM's are a cleaner looking truck. And, as mentioned, if major modding is in your future, there's so much more available for the General, but the aftermarket for the Tundra is growing, as well as the items available from TRD (supercharger for one )

Also (and this just may be the way I'm built), I find it easier to get comfortable in the GM vehicles as compared to the Toyota's...(not so much the Lexus's though). Seems Toyota puts their steering wheels very far away, or I have short arms lol. My current truck seems to fit just right.

Basically, go with what suits your needs and what you like

Quick Reply: 07 SILVERADO vs 07 tundra?