Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 SILVERADO vs 07 tundra?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dani7
here and there they are basicly same truck we have all been buying for years GM makes a great truck but i think we are goign see a turn in the market of trucks I think tundras are going to bring a whole new field to the sport truck seen pretty soon, trying to compete with the SS. i think in a few years they will be successfully in running with the big dogs who dominated the half ton category for years.
Yup, and if Toyota makes diesel engines its over.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I think the toyota is just plane ugly I looked at one today and its more ugly in person than in a magizine the cab droops in the back the rear doors droop in the back and the front end is whimpy and the tail lights are unbareible it has that typical foren truck look I disslike. The GMC/ Chevy trucks look 10 fold better I would also feel like a trator buying a rice truck sorry to be a sour apple about the truck for those who like it but It lights a fire under my butt when I see a foren company try to overtake american trucks that have been here for decades.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i dont know why people get so heated up over this. if you dont like it, dont buy it. if youre pissed about a foreign company being able to actually complete then thats a issue youre gonna have to work out. i agree theyre not too attractive, but they have an insane amount of power for a stock truck. you think theyre trying to take over? who wouldnt. everyone wants control of the market. if you think about it, toyota and honda have more control over the overall market than gm could ever dream of. gm is trying to catch up in the world of fuel economy, yet dominate in other engineering aspects. toyota has always been a dominator and always will be. theyve had gaps in their success, but so has every other company. granted my sierra is probably the easiest thing ive ever worked on (i was a tech for 5 years) but every company has their strong point. if people are going to overlook the history and overall quality and qualifications of a truck, and buy the one based on its power alone, then let them go ahead. besides all of the freakin trucks in this country are made i mexico and the u.s.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

I havent read all of this thread, but theres people getting heated? HA HA! Its those hardcore chevy fans that think their truck is the best. Me, IMMA TRUCK GUY, I own a GMC for now but will be getting a Ford soon, I cant last for more than 2 years with a truck. After the Ford I might get another Toyota, or a Dodge if there still around. I just LOVE TRUCKS!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the thing that gets me is that gm is still using old technology for their motors. everyone else has been using 2 and 4 cam motors for a decade now yet theyre still trying to catch up. just think when gm decides to completey re-design their powerplant, with their R&D department, toyota, ford, and everyone else are gona be so devistated, there wont be a competition anymore. a pushrod ls7 is killing 4 cam v10 lambos. i think that says a lot right there.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:13 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06sierra5.3
i dont know why people get so heated up over this. if you dont like it, dont buy it. if youre pissed about a foreign company being able to actually complete then thats a issue youre gonna have to work out. i agree theyre not too attractive, but they have an insane amount of power for a stock truck. you think theyre trying to take over? who wouldnt. everyone wants control of the market. if you think about it, toyota and honda have more control over the overall market than gm could ever dream of. gm is trying to catch up in the world of fuel economy, yet dominate in other engineering aspects. toyota has always been a dominator and always will be. theyve had gaps in their success, but so has every other company. granted my sierra is probably the easiest thing ive ever worked on (i was a tech for 5 years) but every company has their strong point. if people are going to overlook the history and overall quality and qualifications of a truck, and buy the one based on its power alone, then let them go ahead. besides all of the freakin trucks in this country are made i mexico and the u.s.
The problem is that it's not a fair market. American products are taxed heavily when imported into foreign countries yet foreign goods are imported into the US with hardley any taxes.

We have OSHA, the EPA and labor unions, they do not. The American economy is dying because we buy more foreign product that's cheaper than can be produced here. I see jobs going over-seas dailey because most Americans only care about getting it cheaper.

I dont care if the truck is built here, the money ends up there. Sure the world is getting smaller, and I'm not against international free trade but I am against American plant closures.

You want to buy a foreign truck, go ahead, but I will always buy American as much as I can. I buy local goods too. Work here, live here and spend my money here.

PS. My truck was built in Windsor, Canada.....that's still North America, right
Old 07-28-2007, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

G.M uses old pushrod technology because it works and and is very relieible and cheeper to make and rebuild. like the old saying if its not broken dont fix it.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

WELL the dark side has claimed me been working on it for 2 days Finley street friendly
two piece grill running boreds 3inch lift 20" wheels

Old 07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the color ,but you should have sprung for the crewmax. the extended cabs arent cool at all to me. none of the full size trucks look good in extended cab. single cab or crew. IMO congrats on your new ride. i knew you were going for the toyota. you just wanted to see if we were going yo talk you out of it.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck man; I've driven the new 5.7 Tundras and they are huge. They're pretty quick but I just can't get used to the styling. Toyota does have some potential though; like a TRD developed truck with huge brakes, 22's, and 500 hp. There's a diesel in the works too; sounds like they're trying to hit the market full force.

Quick Reply: 07 SILVERADO vs 07 tundra?