SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

26 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokedSierra01
I hope I'm not the only one confused by any of his moronic post

I agree with both people....Older generations don't really understand big rims. But you can't say that a person with big rims doesn't take care of their vehicle. I have 20's and wax/wash/detail my truck just as much as the next guy with stock rims and a huge turbo. Rims are a huge upkeep especially for anyone with 20's or bigger (esp. billet wheels). I am more a fan of driving a truck that doesn't break everyday because of all the performance things it has done to it. I appreciate those go fast parts as much as the next person though.

Bottom line I could care less who likes/stares at my truck when I drive down the road. I mod it the way I do because I like it, not to please anyone else.
IMO 20's are not considered big anymore, what manufactuerr doesnt offer 20's as a option? 20's are common nowa days IMO, 22's and up are the 20's of 2 years ago.....if that made sence
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with RedHot04 on this one. Rims are just one part of making a vehicle stand out in the crowd. Last couple years it has been taken to the extreme and when I see a car like the caddy in post 19 running around I can't help but laugh out loud. I've pissed people off before because I didn't think their car was P.I.M.P. because of the excessive size of their rims. What matters most is what works for different people and not other people's opinion. But IMHO rims should not take away or stand out on a car but should add/compliment the overall look of a vehicle. DONK's are the laughing stock of the automotive world (strictly my opinion) and there are maybe 1 or 2 cars that could pull off 26's and even then they would look better off on 24's.
But to each his own and best of luck!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something too big" tucked
Old 11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I agree with RedHot04 on this one. Rims are just one part of making a vehicle stand out in the crowd. Last couple years it has been taken to the extreme and when I see a car like the caddy in post 19 running around I can't help but laugh out loud. I've pissed people off before because I didn't think their car was P.I.M.P. because of the excessive size of their rims. What matters most is what works for different people and not other people's opinion. But IMHO rims should not take away or stand out on a car but should add/compliment the overall look of a vehicle. DONK's are the laughing stock of the automotive world (strictly my opinion) and there are maybe 1 or 2 cars that could pull off 26's and even then they would look better off on 24's.
But to each his own and best of luck!
maybe u should rethink the 24's and then maybe drop it an inch or two, but either way make sure to post pics when u make ur decision and make ur buy...

-Rob
Old 11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Silverado5.3
To ME, wheels make the vehicle. Put a nice set of wheels with proper drop setup and it sets the vehicle off.

Now if you put a pair of **** on the windshield it would get the kind of results your talking about. lol
But I see where you are coming from though.
Proper setup is the key, just having a set of big shine rims on a esky or whatever means squat when there is no thought given to the details. I think we agree on that one. Hmm, a pair of **** would nice too, but BIG rims do get that stare...even on the highway

Originally Posted by SmokedSierra01
I agree with both people....Older generations don't really understand big rims. But you can't say that a person with big rims doesn't take care of their vehicle. I have 20's and wax/wash/detail my truck just as much as the next guy with stock rims and a huge turbo. Rims are a huge upkeep especially for anyone with 20's or bigger (esp. billet wheels).
"Older generations" Don't get me all wrong man, I have a set of 20's too. But, I just see too many ppl slappin em' on anything they got and thinking that there **** is king pimp a da' road. And 26's look like they belong on a semi or a covered wagon...everyones gotta be a playa nowdays Know what I mean?

Originally Posted by Spoolin
But IMHO rims should not take away or stand out on a car but should add/compliment the overall look of a vehicle. DONK's are the laughing stock of the automotive world (strictly my opinion) and there are maybe 1 or 2 cars that could pull off 26's and even then they would look better off on 24's.
Exactly. Well said....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wastedrubber
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=405246

this guy's got some for $3500 with tires
i say if you are going to do it big. dont be a baller on a budget. upgrade your braking system..its only another grand more. plus you wont have 26 inch wheels and those stock brakes.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Biggest I would go is 26s on a SUV
24s on a ex cab or bigger truck
22s on a single cab.

30s on new escalade = str8 baller

those are ugly *** hell lol. no offense intended.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NegraRCSB2X4auto
those are ugly *** hell lol. no offense intended.
I guess yall didn't catch the sarcasm. That is uglier than a naked hairy fat chick doing yoga .

The other pic with the 26s are killer.

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
IMO 20's are not considered big anymore, what manufactuerr doesnt offer 20's as a option? 20's are common nowa days IMO, 22's and up are the 20's of 2 years ago.....if that made sence
+1 easier way to put it...22s are the new 20s these days.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is uglier than a naked hairy fat chick doing yoga
That left a bad mental picture in my head, why couldn't we keep this thread clean. Now I don't even want to think about rims at all
Old 11-21-2007, 06:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Yeah I think 26's are too big. But its your money. Also, You better watch your *** with pot holes, not much tire there to protect the rim and Im sure 26s arent cheap.

Quick Reply: 26 inch wheels