Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4-High mod for 99

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-High mod for 99

im wanting to do the 4-High headlight mod in my truck.
i want to have the foglights headlights and brights on when i turn my brights on..
which wires do i cut into and can someone post a picture or some kind of diagram please?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a link for you http://http://www.dieselplace.com/fo...ad.php?t=12804
Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't cut anything, just do what this says.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=headlight+mod
Old 11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Coldz71. that link doesnt work.
i did read the 4-hi mod thread though. It said i needed to cut the yellow wire running out of the light and ground it. but is the yellow wire on the driverside? and i didnt see how to keep the foglights on with the brights.. anyone know how to do that?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Don't cut anything, just do what this says.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=headlight+mod
that only works with 03+ trucks
clint
Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for the lows and highs . . . . gound out the "grounds" on both sides of the low beams
Old 11-04-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I copied this off the DieselPlace.

"Here's how I did it on my 02, no diode needed, will work for 01s also; Pull the underhood electrical center cover off, place aside. Unbold the four bolts holding the drivers side corner brace (fender to firewall) and remove. This is to remove the cover surround on the electrical center. Gently pry the plastic snaps holding it in place. There are two between it and the fender and two large hooks toward the passenger side at the bottom. Now lift off the plastic cover for the electrical center. You will see two clips holding the electrical center close to the fender side while the two toward the passenger side are hinges. Release the two by the fender and roll the electical center towards the passenger side. The mess of wires will tug a little but it will roll over to expose the underside. Looking at the right underside you will see a grey wire block. There are small letters and numbers identifying the wires. Look for D3 and you will find a yellow wire. This is the control for the low beams. Is is switched ground on the 01-02s unlike the 03-04s. All you need to do is get a scotchlock (or solder if you prefer) and tap the yellow wire to ground. I ran it in a loom up to the ground studs on the firewall (follow your underhood light wires down if you can't find one). That's it, test it out and fold the center back down. Recover and replace the brace"
Old 11-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Launching!

thanks for the info.. now what about the fogs? anyone know how to have them on while the brights are on?
Old 11-04-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have not found a way to do it on a 99-02 trucks. The 03-07 have a different relay setup and you can use jumper wires and diodes to do all sorts of neat stuff.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
LJO
Teching In

Default 4 hi mod

COLDZ71 this mod worked like a charm. Anyone unsure of wiring need not fear. U can see the yellow wires run towards the front of the truck in a small loom that go to the headlights. Piece of cake. Just be certain to find a good ground otherwise you will not have low beams. I didn't even have to cut any wires. I just pulled the pin(two yellow wires) and soldered my extension wire to the side of the pin then applied heat shrink. This way it can be returned to stock later, if I want.

Quick Reply: 4-High mod for 99