Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4300K HID's *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4300K HID's *PICS*

Finally got them installed. 4300k HID's. Josephs did a great job on them, i'm really happy with the results.

Before:

After:

Old 11-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Import Moderator

looks great

i must say you have a VERY nice truck, i normally cant stand the color white, but yours is killer
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good. i love my HIDs. i have 6000K. it looks like those denali lights keep a nice tight line. my silverado headlights give off a lot of glare. too bad all the projector lights for '04 silverados suck and look stupid.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, that looks great! You're not getting that kind of cutoff with the factory lenses, are you...i.e., this is a real retrofit HID modification, not just bulbs, right?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by endo
Wow, that looks great! You're not getting that kind of cutoff with the factory lenses, are you...i.e., this is a real retrofit HID modification, not just bulbs, right?
these are real HID's. I have ballast and all that good stuff if thats what you mean. And the denali projectors cut off the light and make the line, the HID's arent doing that. Did I answer your question?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dave68RT
these are real HID's. I have ballast and all that good stuff if thats what you mean. And the denali projectors cut off the light and make the line, the HID's arent doing that. Did I answer your question?
Realize they're real HIDs. bulbs....but are you saying you're headlight housings are 100% stock?

The problem with putting HIDs bulbs in standard headlight lenses is that the shape of the arc (i.e. where it's brightest/darkest) are different than with the element in a standard halogen bulb. This normally causes light to be thrown in the wrong places on the road., blinding other drivers and actually reducing the amount of "useful" light for yourself. But those things seems to have a pretty clean cutoff. Wonder if the Denali projector housings are just naturally well suited to HID bulbs?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by endo
Realize they're real HIDs. bulbs....but are you saying you're headlight housings are 100% stock?

The problem with putting HIDs bulbs in standard headlight lenses is that the shape of the arc (i.e. where it's brightest/darkest) are different than with the element in a standard halogen bulb. This normally causes light to be thrown in the wrong places on the road., blinding other drivers and actually reducing the amount of "useful" light for yourself. But those things seems to have a pretty clean cutoff. Wonder if the Denali projector housings are just naturally well suited to HID bulbs?
I think they're suited to HID bulbs for sure. The picture facing the truck makes it look alot brighter then it actually is, the light isn't actually being thrown around like all over the road. I know what you're talking about though, that was one of my concerns but they turned out very nice
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

you did the fogs too! looks great
Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wish i did the fogs lol, they're actually just Hoen bulbs
Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think that looks really good! Definatly a huge improvement, what brand are they and were did you pick them up?

Quick Reply: 4300K HID's *PICS*