Sponsored by:

Adam's NEW Brilliant Glaze - info and pics from testing

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adam's NEW Brilliant Glaze - info and pics from testing

On sale starting today!! www.AdamsPolishes.com

This is a product we've been testing extensively and are really starting to fall in love with. Figured I'd share some of the pictures from our testing to show you guys how good this new glaze is.

Highlights -
  • Now a hand glaze, we found the new formulation liked to clog sprayers so we've gone to a pour top.
  • Much shorter cure time than our Spray Glaze - which could take upwards of 20 minutes - this stuff is dry in under a minute and ready for removal.
  • Deeper/Wetter/Darker shine... especially evident on reds and blacks. Does really good on metallics.
  • Filling ability is off the charts. Obviously not the ideal process, but if you don't have the time or willingness to polish out light defects this stuff masks very well.

Starting with this Camaro (belonging to my brother) we did a quick wash, clay, and single stage correction using Adam's Fine Machine Polish, White Pad, and a Makita BO6040

Next... the NEW Adam's Brilliant Glaze... both my friend Ryan and I have spent some significant time playing with this product and its blown us away!! It was applied liberally using an Americana foam applicator, it was even tested on the matte black stripes with VERY positive results.

Last came a coat of Americana to seal the whole thing up... this combination has been one I've played with a lot lately (Glaze under Americana) and it yields some seriously stellar results:

What the new glaze does for metallics is nothing short of amazing. The paint appears darker and the blues and greens in the CGM paint just came to life:

Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

SOME MORE TESTING COURTESY OF RYAN

These testers were only wiped down with waterless wash, no polishing done... excellent demonstration of the filling ability the product has:

Here's a few photo's of the new Glaze in action - clayed the hood on his 98' chevy 1500.

The 12 year old paint shows it age:

Taped it up and applied the new glaze:

After removing the glaze the difference in color and appearance of swirls was amazing:

After removing the tape:

The whole hood:

Just for fun - Glazing the TV

This TV hasn't seen anything but an occasional Detail Spray wipedown.

The Glaze instantly brought back the black...

Old 08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome stuff,Ordered some from you guys.
Thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So this glaze is just covering up the imperfections....how good does your sealer lay onto a glaze? Kind of rule of thumb if your gonna glaze you can't seal just wax..
Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM
FormerVendor

yep... same rules apply as sealants need a clean surface to bond to. So if you're going to seal lay that down first... if you're going to wax you can lay down the glaze first.

It has excellent masking ability, so thats one upside, but we've tested it extensively on flawless-near flawless finishes and it adds a lot of depth to the finish. It makes blacks and reds much darker and adds extra dimension to metallics.

As with any glaze its a "cheat" when used for filling... or a temporary 'quick fix' for shine over the top of a sealant as its not durable, but either way it has uses.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

WOW!!! Nice stuff. Looks like it works killer.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats way cool! will have to try this on my black truck, just picked up a bunch of stuff last week, wish i would have picked up some brilliant spray glaze. I did picked up 3 cans of the in and out spray and love it. Some how i think the three cans will not last very long.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

this may be a dumb question but, do you apply this with a hand applicator or a buffer?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Without me sounding like too much of a ding-a-ling.. do you have any comparisons on white vehicles?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Without me sounding like too much of a ding-a-ling.. do you have any comparisons on white vehicles?
i was wanting to ask the same thing, my paint on my 99' shows its age in some spots and want to see how well this product would work on white

Quick Reply: Adam's NEW Brilliant Glaze - info and pics from testing