SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Ride Guys Please Come In

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont even remember how a stock truck rides so its tough for me to even compare them anymore. It rides better than a stock Jeep Liberty, i know that for sure, riding in that liberty was making me nauseous from all the bucking it did.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope there 4 link can handle more than that with what I've got planned for the truck. I'm looking at a forged 408 with either a turbo or Radix setup and hope to be well over 400 with that. I actually talked with another guy from Air Ride Technologies today and he was more helpful. From the way he talks the kit should handle a good amount of power and he said it'd work great from a hard launch.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Air rides stuff looks pretty install feindly to me.

Gmcski has a nice coil over 4 link set up on his Truck with a turbo6.0l.
Maybe he'll chime in.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, the install isnt too bad, it took me 2 VERY full weekends to install mine. 1 weekend to do the front and plumb the wiring and lines, the 2nd weekend to do the back.

Hardest part is reaching inside the boxed frame sections somehow to get nuts and washers on all the bolts. I had to invent some tools to make that happen. Also, thank god for air tools, with all the bolts in that kit, i'd have carpal tunnel syndrome otherwise.

Also, get some helpers as you have to lift the bed off to install everything.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Regular

Any ideas on towing capacity with this? I am considering it, but I tow a loaded down 16' lanscaping trailer 3 days a week. I sometimes have quite a bit of tongue weight and I dont want to break something...
Old 08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

My 2000 rides wayyyy better than my SS, the bags made a huge difference. Im thinking about bagging the rear of the SS just to get the stiff rear ride out of it.

And as far as towing, Air Ride is pretty proud of their stuff being able to tow, If you think what you are pulling is within what the truck is rated to tow, I wouldnt hesitate to hook it up to the truck. That was my biggest concern when I did mine, thats why I bought the Air Ride kit. If you are really worried about tounge weight, then you can put a bigger bag back their to help out. If I did it again, thats what Id do.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by OOsilverado
My 2000 rides wayyyy better than my SS, the bags made a huge difference. Im thinking about bagging the rear of the SS just to get the stiff rear ride out of it.

And as far as towing, Air Ride is pretty proud of their stuff being able to tow, If you think what you are pulling is within what the truck is rated to tow, I wouldnt hesitate to hook it up to the truck. That was my biggest concern when I did mine, thats why I bought the Air Ride kit. If you are really worried about tounge weight, then you can put a bigger bag back their to help out. If I did it again, thats what Id do.
Can the air bar accomodate a larger airbag?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OOsilverado

Damn didnt know u were a member to this site, werent u sellin' ur truck awhile ago? Any recent pics? I luv ur truck, $hits clean!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Air ride is right down my road!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, a couple blocks and a turn.....

Quick Reply: Air Ride Guys Please Come In