Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All black wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec_psi
Geez! I didnt know people did not like black w/ chrome lip that much. I still think black w/ chrome lip looks great. Its just that i think all black is better...
Yea, I think the black with the chrome lip looks good on like 2 trucks on here, in general they got kinda old after seeing them all the time for a month.

But yes, all black = much better, those photochops should have given you the answer anyways
Old 03-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing this is making me wanna buy my dads rclb and turn that into something nice like this truck I say do the all black wheels they would look awesome.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 PM
formerly 2low4nd (11-08-2011)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love mine.

Rear end is getting narrowed right now.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say do it!!! I think your truck will look great with all black wheels! I love my black wheels... If you like the way it looks then do what you like even if everyone thinks the black wheels a played out or not... I think chrome wheels are played out and your truck looks awsome in the pics u posted!! Just my 2 cents...
Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Nice truck 2low4nd... Wheels look sick!

Well im thinking about powdercoating them but im not sure about the level gloss or the durability. I Have never dealt with powdercoating before. I guess i can scotch brite the whole wheel and spray them myself but that seems it will be a pain in the ***. Not to mention it will be hard to cover with out dry spray.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

My wheels were home rattle canned, didn't come out great cuz the guy doing them isn't A+ at stuff but got the job done. If you prep well you could get good results.

I think for the pewter you don't want glossy, you want pretty deep, flat black. Whatever you think is best though, should turn out the way you want em regardless of what other people believe is best
Old 03-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

I am thinking about using PPG Basecoat black with about 70% gloss. Now that is a DEEEP black. It makes others look grey lol
Old 03-20-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vortec_psi
Nice truck 2low4nd... Wheels look sick!

Well im thinking about powdercoating them but im not sure about the level gloss or the durability. I Have never dealt with powdercoating before. I guess i can scotch brite the whole wheel and spray them myself but that seems it will be a pain in the ***. Not to mention it will be hard to cover with out dry spray.
there is a place in Kennedale tx that cant powder coat GLOSS black. i got my spyder rims done by them and they turned out awesome

i say paint the ring around the black center the same color as your truck. trust me..... it will look killer
Old 03-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BLK WDO
there is a place in Kennedale tx that cant powder coat GLOSS black. i got my spyder rims done by them and they turned out awesome

i say paint the ring around the black center the same color as your truck. trust me..... it will look killer
DAYUM! They did come out clean. How much per wheel? If you dont mind me asking.

I have thought about painting the lip pewter actually. I have never seen a black and pewter wheels before...
Old 03-20-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

$25 a wheel. (they just did the face since thats the ONLY thing you can see.)
the price is either 35 or 45 a wheel now
pewter would look great. there is a member on here with a blue single cab chevy bagged with black and blue rims and it looks great

DO IT!!!!

Quick Reply: All black wheels?