SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone convert manual windows to power?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone convert manual windows to power?

I bought the factory power window units, and picked up a wiring harness for it was wondering if it was just plug and play or if there is computer work required? I still need a set of door panels and the lock actuators.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

My auto-tech teacher is about to convert his windows on his D-max 2500. He said there is a place with all the parts and instructions needed. He wont be at school tomorrow, but I will try to find out on Weds the website or phone #
Old 12-09-2003, 12:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Teching In

If your truck is a base model your complete underdash harness may be completely different. Mine was. I had to order a new harness which cost me almost $500 and took over 2 months to get. You can check by popping off your kick panel and see if the power window harness will plug into your underdash harness. You will also have to reprogram or replace your BCM with one from a power window/locks truck. I also did heated power mirrors along with the power windows and locks.
Hope this helps.
Karl
Old 12-10-2003, 12:48 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy had the crankers, and he bought the electric window door panel, window motor, and the wiring or whatever it is...now he has power windows. And he did it all for less than $300... from this site.
www.truckpartsunlimited.com
They have alot of stuff. So much in fact, that all of it is not listed on the website. Call them up and tell them what you want and they'll hook you up.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chingon
My buddy had the crankers, and he bought the electric window door panel, window motor, and the wiring or whatever it is...now he has power windows. And he did it all for less than $300... from this site.
www.truckpartsunlimited.com
They have alot of stuff. So much in fact, that all of it is not listed on the website. Call them up and tell them what you want and they'll hook you up.
I agree 100%. If your truck doesn't have the correct underdash harness you will be time and money ahead to buy an aftermarket kit and do the power stuff that way. I had bought all my conversion stuff from the dealership and was so deep into it already that I just went ahead and bought the harness also.
Karl
Old 12-10-2003, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine is a base model, I was going to get the power door panel and the switches, I have the power door harnees from a tahoe but im only hooking up the windows no mirrors or anything. What year is yours? Hope I dont need that underdash harness if so I will just wire it up as an auxillary. Shouldn't be to hard should it? Just power, ground and switches, I will just have to figure out which wires do what correct.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Buy an aftermarket kit and factory switches to put in your doors, that's what I did on my z-28..but I got the factory harness for next to nothing on Ebay, and found the switches there too....
Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 AM

HI I bought power mirrors for my truck but I need to find out how to make them work is there anybody out there that can help? thanks