SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto climate control(LT) vs Manual climate control(LS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto climate control(LT) vs Manual climate control(LS)

Is it possible to swap out the dash controls from an LT model with the auto climate control to an LS that has manual climate control? I hate continually adjusting the manual climate control in my LS truck and love the auto unit in my LT Tahoe. I noticed that my LS truck has the solar sensor on the dash which is not used with the manual unit so maybe all trucks are prepared for auto climate but not installed with the auto dash control? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Tahoetwinscrew
I noticed that my LS truck has the solar sensor on the dash which is not used with the manual unit so maybe all trucks are prepared for auto climate but not installed with the auto dash control? Thanks for any info.
You mean the one for the auto headlights?
Old 04-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Teching In

I am wondering about this too...anyone???
Old 04-17-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Addict

Im not sure which "solar sensor" you mean on the dash but the little dome is for the headlights. If you want auto control on your airconditioning etc you will need all the sensors and probly to program the PCM for that.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

ah, o.k....sorry about the mistake concerning the little dome on the dash. I heard the easiest way from another forum is to go to a wrecking yard and get all of the assorted parts to make it work. The fan motor is different, approximately 4 cabin sensors, and the dash controls. They said this can be done and has been done for approximately 200-300 with used parts.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Yea I heard it can be done too but it was for substantially more than that.

Does it work that well that it would be worth it? Ive never used it so I dont know.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Yes, it works well......its like that rotessiere by Ronco..."set it and forget it." With the manual controls, I am constantly adjusting the temp and fan speed and I would love to have the auto for this reason.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

my uncle has the auto in his LT yukon. its definately nice to just set it where you like it and it stays there. however, even for $300 i don't think its worth it, thats $300 i could spend to go faster or look better. really, how hard is it to turn the ***** now?
Old 04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Its not that hard...just an annoyance and less convenient.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Talking Oh sunny days...

Okay, I just wanted to chime in my two sense. Ive been looking at ripping the climate controls out of the new 04 nali. The look sweet, and they are automatic. I hate the annoyance of driving and having to always turn up/down the slightest bits to find that perfect temp. Especially since it gets hot as hell here in the summer and a bit frigid in the winter mornings. It would be so nice if I could just set it and forget it. Has anyone looked into the 04 nali controls?
So from what Im hearing its four sensors inside cabin (could two be used for a SCSB?) and a different fan (find this in a bone yard id guess?) and the controls? Does the computer have to be reprogramed or do i have to get the computer from the say nali or tahoe lt as well?
Thanks for your thoughts and feedback in advance..

Quick Reply: Auto climate control(LT) vs Manual climate control(LS)