Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before and after

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L33Z71
I got some quick pics yesterday of the new tire setup, but couldn't post them, my fiance was on the comp all last night working late.

hopefully will get them posted up today, but to tell the truth, I'm not sure I like the 275-60's. They do fill up the wheel well more, but seem to ride a bit rougher more bow out from the rim. Maybe if I had some wider aftermarket rims it might be more appealing to me. I don't know. I'm thinking I might try and go back to discount and just have them get me another set of the Grabber UHP's in the 275-55's.
I figured they would ride better. When you say bow out, are you talking about how the tire looks more balloonish or as the sidewall gets further away from the rim, the wider the tire gets giving the tire more of a triangle shape? It's kinda hard to explain it. I guess I'll see when you get the pics up.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, the sidewalls sit balloon out from the rims more, I assume due to the taller sidewall. I would have figured they would ride better too and they do on city streets, but at highway speeds, they feel really squishy and light truck tireish. They don't have that sporty feel at all IMO compared to the Grabbers.

On a side note, the General Grabber UHP's, even though has a shorter sidewall and feel a little more sporty, have always been a smooth riding tire. I cannot speak highly enough about them, and will have my new set installed tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I love the look! I'm really starting to like ECSB's on factory 17's...and I'm not sure if I'm even gonna put my 20's back on this summer. Badass!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 PM
11 Second Truck Club

looking great curtis
Old 04-21-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys. And I had Discount tire order me and install a new set of the General Grabber UHP's in the 275-55-17's Friday. Man they ride so much better than the Toyos did.

Plus I just think it looks better with that size tire on the truck. AND.....With the 275-60-17 toyos, they weighed about 8 pounds more than the generals are were 1" taller. I felt like I had lost 20 HP with them on. Truck felt much less responsive and sloppy. I'm glad to be back on the proper tires.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:31 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Strange that you hated the Toyos so much. I guess all I have to compare mine to on this truck are the stock Uniroyals and they were C R A P. Might have to check out the Generals on the next round of tires, but I think the wheel well gap will be too much for me with the 275/55 compared to my 275/60s.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

You WILL notice a difference!! Having a 1 inch smaller tire makes the truck rev up quicker. I noticed that before with my truck, right now I'm running stock diameter of 30". I had the Toyos in 275/60 and they were great until 20K miles, when they started wearing down. I had one blow out on 225 and damaged a wheel, but I put a plug in it 20 mins. earlier do to a flat. I have Goodyear Eagle GT II's and not real impressed, they have like 20k miles and are at the tread bars. They're sloppy in the rain! Maybe next time I'll get some BFG long trails?? And stop I need tires for mileage and performance, which the two don't add up.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome truck and I love the color but I'm still waiting on pictures of the tires and have you decided on a set of rims yet?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Spoolin,

I'll post the pics up this evening on the 275-60's. I only took a few pics so I can't say the quality is the best, but it'll give you the idea. I honestly think she looks better on the little lower profile tires even though there's more wheel gap. So I am glad I went back down to the other tire.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:08 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sort of in the same boat. I don't like my wheel set-up and want more rubber but don't want to fit them on something that has that "bubble" look to them like you were mentioning. So I'm just gonna get wider rims. You can always drop your truck a little bit to get rid of that gap or get bigger rims which will push out the tire a little and make it bigger, which I wouldn't suggest.