Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cal-vu mirrors??

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cal-vu mirrors??

does any one know if the silverado's are all wired for heated mirrors and the turn signals in them if you already have the power mirror package. Im going to order some and i would like those options, but im not going to order them with all that stuff if there are not going to work with the stock harness..
Old 07-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think they are wired for heat or signals but i think calvu has a conversion setup for both

maybe someone else will chime in who actually knows ...might check out stylin concepts
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i just talked with stylin, they said the signal mirrors are a direct bolt up if you already have the power mirrors from the factory
Old 07-24-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moes04silverado
yeah i just talked with stylin, they said the signal mirrors are a direct bolt up if you already have the power mirrors from the factory
they are direct bolt up. but they are not wired for heat or signals unless u have that now
Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDawg
they are direct bolt up. but they are not wired for heat or signals unless u have that now
exactly. The only vehicles from GM, that I know of, with a complete harness reguardless of options are Saturns.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well how can that be if the instrument cluster doesnt have a trans temp guage, but when you bolt in a aftermarket one or one that has the temp guage on it, it works??

Has anyone tried bolting on the mirrors with the glass turn signals that didnt have them stock? Stylin says the harness will work even if you dont have the turn signals on the stock mirrors; indicating that the wire harness is there, just not the hardware(mirror)
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moes04silverado
well how can that be if the instrument cluster doesnt have a trans temp guage, but when you bolt in a aftermarket one or one that has the temp guage on it, it works??

Has anyone tried bolting on the mirrors with the glass turn signals that didnt have them stock? Stylin says the harness will work even if you dont have the turn signals on the stock mirrors; indicating that the wire harness is there, just not the hardware(mirror)
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I looked into a Stylin Concepts mag to read up on them, and they do say that the power/signal ones will plug right in even if you don't have the factory option. I would go by what they say over anything else seeing as they make them. I wish I had better control of what comes out of my mouth, or in this case, out of my fingers.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EDawg

i have these on my truck and what i said before is not a guess, SO IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THOSE OPTIONS NOW YOU WILL HAVE TO WIRE FOR THEM!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx for the info!!! well appreciated
Old 07-27-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just switched from heated power, to heated, power, signal, and power folding on my 06. all i had to do was switch them.

Quick Reply: Cal-vu mirrors??