SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can i get prepainted door handles??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can i get prepainted door handles??

I have a 99 Midnight Blue? Chevy Silverado and I would like to put smooth painted door handles on it, along with a tailgate handle. I would also like to get a painted tahoe grill. Did Gm ever make the tahoe z71 in blue? if so can someone give me the necessary part numbers? thanks a bunch for any help!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is your truck Indigo Blue Metallic? If so, you can get the door handles, but that is all I am aware of. I don't think I have ever seen a tahoe z71 in the same color.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

You should be able to. You can get the the door handles right from the parts department at your local GM dealership, just tell them your paint code. If you don't know what it is, tell them your VIN number. A painted tailgate handle is not possible, you'll have to get somebody to smooth and paint it for you. There is the SS tailgate handle, but that is just the black plastic handle, but painted. So don't buy that one.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Siiverado44
You should be able to. You can get the the door handles right from the parts department at your local GM dealership, just tell them your paint code. If you don't know what it is, tell them your VIN number. A painted tailgate handle is not possible, you'll have to get somebody to smooth and paint it for you. There is the SS tailgate handle, but that is just the black plastic handle, but painted. So don't buy that one.
I believe Tahoes with barn doors have the same handle as the truck tailgates colormatched.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Teching In

yeah it is indigo blue metallic, i forgot the correct name for it. anyways, does anyone have part #s for the door handles? i work at a chevy dealer so i can get a really good discount on stuff. i will probably just sand and paint my tailgate handle and bezel, and just buy a tahoe grille and have a bodyshop do the grill, along with my bumper stuff. thanks for the quick responses!! great site!!!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

I have the part numbers somewhere, let me look for them and I will get back to you.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:57 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

could you find out the drivers side handle PN for my truck. the paint on mine is starting to flake off
Old 02-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Teching In

dont worry about it, i ordered them at work today. i will post part numbers tomorrow for future reference for anyone that may need them. one more question about the grill, could i just sand and paint my stock one vs. buying a tahoe grill??
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Glad you found them without having to wait on me. Anyways, Indigo Blue Metallic tahoe handles,

15015931 LH
15015962 RH

These have keyholes on both sides.

TXsilverado, sorry, but I only have the indigo blue part numbers. I am sure someone on here has those numbers though.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

just get with Steven at Foglemotorsports (thats his name on here) and he'll make you a set for cheaper than you can get ones from the dealer for. He does all sorts of painted parts and his work quality is better than factory IMO... I am having him do handles and gate handle/bezel and a bumper pad for me.... he will hook you up for a good deal.

Quick Reply: can i get prepainted door handles??