Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

changing the mile counter color

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing the mile counter color

does anyone know how to change the color of the screen that tells you your miles, on a 99-02 truck. i recently changed my bulbs to blue and i dont realy like the way that the green looks on the miles screen.. i can post a pic of it if you want..
Old 11-03-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

I'd be interested was it hard to change the bulbs? My radio preset buttons 3 and 6 are burnt out. I kinda doubt it's easy to change those.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

could you post those pics, i want to do that and I just want to see some more pics of that. sry dont have any info on how to change the other stuff
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Its not going to happen easily

Doesnt mean it cant be done, and id give you mad props to be the first to do it.
Looked like a few bulbs in there. I wanted to do the same thing but havent come up with a way im comfortable doing. I like to see my miles and dont need that blank

I think an easier and maybe visually better way would be to get some blue film or tint and lay it over the display (under the plastic screen). Might work out ok

BTW- How did it all come out? Hot spots? Post some pics up for us to see.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mac im still waiting for those pics!!!

i will try to post some pics up when i get the truck all back together, im in the process of installing the Trailblazer TC.

the gauges look sweet no real hot spots just a little dim where the speedo is. everythings else is realy bright but the speedo just seem not as bright. i think it is from where the bulbs are located in the cluster.

im going to have to come up with something on changing that green out, not going to try it on my new cluster though
Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, the blue film stuff mac was talking about would probably work. My flamed white face guages came with a red film where the odometer is to make the odometer light up red as well. I'm sure this would work with blue as well. I'll try to get a pic up of mine later today.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope these help. To put the film on, you might wanna try peeling the guage face off a little, then cut out the green film on the stock guage face, and then put the blue film behind the guage face to help it blend in better. Just an idea, the stock guage face should have enough adhesive to stick back on if you peel it back. If not, you might have to glue the face back on.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Good info nightmare
Old 11-05-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have reverse glow gauges that glow blue...maybe i'll have to try and put some blue film behind mineand see how it looks. I never really thought about changing the color, but the green doesn't match the rest of the gauges. I'll see what i can do, if i get it done i'll post up some pics for ya guys.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

does anyone know where i might get some blue film at. i was thinking maybe like blue handy wrap, the the stuff you use to cover up food..

Quick Reply: changing the mile counter color