Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clay Bar - OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clay Bar - OMG!

My truck got some sort of overspray on it. I was hoping that a wash would do the trick, but it didn't. I want to Auto Zone and got the Mothers' Clay bar kit.

OH MY GOD!

Does this stuff work! My truck has never been this smooth. There aren't enough O's in smooth to tell you how slick the paint on my truck is. It's almost orgasmicly smooth! Almost? It is orgasmicly smooth!

If you've never clay barred your vehicle before, do it, you will be pleased or even need a cig after you get done.

It's the best $15 I've ever spent!

SS
Old 06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I clayed my 99 Sierra once a month and used "cherry wet wax", that I got from a local detail shop in Houston. That red paint was always smooth as glass and had a awesome shine! I really need to do my 02, I've neglected to do it. I also found out that Meguiars NXT Generation car wash soap is a awesome product. It looks like a multi-colored slime, but damn what a shine it has.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:05 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

you did polish and wax after you barred right? that clay bar will strip your wax off. i agree, clay bar rocks
Old 06-12-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

i clay barred my hood today. looks like a mirror. black loves clay... meguiars>mothers
Old 06-13-2005, 12:34 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does it take out clear coat swirls? Or at least cover them up?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

I spent $15 on a Meguiars Clay Bar kit, what a waste, I was very displeased. After two hours of trying to remove clay from my hood and attempts to call the hotline to raise hell, it finally came out pretty smooth. It wasnt worth the effort to do the entire truck. I also became a firm believer in Mothers wax after a few years of trusting Meguiars
Old 06-13-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BowtieKyle
I spent $15 on a Meguiars Clay Bar kit, what a waste, I was very displeased. After two hours of trying to remove clay from my hood and attempts to call the hotline to raise hell, it finally came out pretty smooth. It wasnt worth the effort to do the entire truck. I also became a firm believer in Mothers wax after a few years of trusting Meguiars
Did you not use any spray and just try to mash it on the hood dry? If so, that would be your problem right there. I use a mothers clay bar, and all meguiars wax products.
No the clay bar wont take out swirls, you need to polish/wax it. If you like detailing your cars, I'd suggest a Porter Cable 7424, the best investment I have made when it comes to detailing. I ordered all my stuff from here
Old 06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

i used the quick detaling spray or whatever its called, supplied in the kit. tried misting it on at first as it stated, didnt work so well, so i eventually soaked it, worked better, but still a PITA.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Teching In

Default Clay Rocks

I ordered the Zaino clay bar, and use a mixture of half soap, half water in a spray bottle. I keep the surface soaked and use up and down motions on side panels, nose to tail on "top" panels, and side to side on the back bumper. I had a really fine overspray on my back bumper (white overspray on black paint) and at first it didn't seem to be coming off, but the more I looked the more I realized that the clay was taking off the overspray a bit at the time. By far, the best thing I have ever done for my paint other than applying Z2 and Z5 afterwards
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
you did polish and wax after you barred right? that clay bar will strip your wax off. i agree, clay bar rocks
Of course, I waxed the truck afterwards. Gotta keep it smoooooth.

Quick Reply: Clay Bar - OMG!