Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what the hell is up with my sig these days
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dlt76028
I've never had to put the big radiator hose over an intake tube before...
This is just a straight piece of aluminum pipe, it doesn't have a hump like a tube made for that. I can't pull the hose under the pipe, it will kink it really bad. I've tried rotating the hose where it meets to the pump and I've even tried to swap the hose ends around but it won't work. So I'll just have to figure out what I need to do to fix
It.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 AM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
Blues:thought we were cool man? Lol

we still are, just messing with you
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LOW4X4
First off I got a decal. I know most on here are against any stickers on the glass, but this is special. Back when I was just starting to get into the truck scene I sometimes saw this black ecsb in town, that thing was clean. Then he had blue ghost flames, then a candy red paintjob and bagged it then sold it. He was always the one who was a step ahead, when 20's were hot, he had 24's. He had shaved rollpans and sunroofs installed when we were still ****** with bent up bumpers. He had a supercharger when we were sporting cold air intakes.

Anyways all those yrs, seldom would you see a "Unreal Kustomz" decal on a ride, it had to be the best of the best. Like cleaner than clean. I've still only seen like 4, and the point is that they attend shows together and win all kinds of ****. Well I met that guys little brother who has a badass truck too, and we hit it off and whatnot, I did some work for him, leds and such....anyways he told his brother about me and we went to show him the truck, he loved it and slapped that decal on it. Might seem flashy for most of yall but damn it means a LOT. I guess it sounds silly but this basically means my truck is deemed good enough to be in a whole other class and it feels GOOOOODDDDDDD.... All those long weekends and night payin off. Its chrome with pewter inlay so it matches the truck, you really have to see a better pic to appreciate it.

Anyways other than that, I did some horse trading with Skeet. Got a set of the stainless steel LT dynatechs and all the rest of the exhaust dual 2.5" all the way to the tails thru the 3" dual in and out magnaflow....probably gonna just get it welded all up 3" duals all the way, as Skeet suggested....In return hes getting his 3rd break light and gas door shaved but left in primer, as well as everything on the truck thats black is getting painted. mirrors, handles front and rear bumper caps upper and lower, tailgate cap, grille shell, bowtie.....bitch is gonna be bad. and I pulled some favors so I got it relatively cheap, basically for about the cost of a set of pacesetters I got the stainless ones and the rest of the exhaust. I took some 0000 steel wool and mothers chrome polish and man those headers shine up nice but they will quickly change colors on me again....oh well.

Also let me say that I drove Skeets truck about 20 miles from his house to the bodymans house and DAMN. Going from driving a truck that went 15.97 to a 11.02 truck is scary, that thing is faster than anything I've ever been in. found out that it will break those 20" torq thrusts loose at 65 mph and so after that we went like 55 the rest of the way LOL, my painter was freakin out the whole way cause there is no harness in the pass seat, so I had to drive nice for his sake....and skeets lol. and literally we drove about 55 the rest of the way lol. Truck is NASTY.

Also I bought a 3.5" silicone 90, 2' of 3.5" aluminum pipe, and a 3.5" silicone sleeve and just mated it into my stock airbox, in which I cut a few large holes in to help it suck better....it came out good except the dang water pump fitting has that hose going right through the path of my intake tube, so its resting on top of it and heating the crap out of it probably. I havent decided if I'm going to try to rig it or run a car pump or an electric pump.....but I need that hose off of there

But I think the headers and intake tube will help the look in the engine bay tremendously.

pics.

and a couple of younger guys who live down the road, I love this little truck. even with the mighty v6 and the tacky plates lol

youre SO BUSTED lol!!!

its cool nick, your 30k signature is looking good everytime you drive it

on a side note, truck looks badass, not fond of stickers but then again thats me, i never cared for them, but if "UNREAL KUSTUMZ"is willing to give yeah deals on whatever it maybe and if they are worth it, theres nothing wrong about sporting there sticker

my 6.0 ( stock ) in my ecsb ran way the fugg better that a damn 2.5 exhaust dualed. your ls1 will need 3" exhaust rather it be duals or a Y pipe dont go nothing less..

i tried both worlds so i know the difference!!! build it right and you wont have to blame it on the exhaust
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck looks good man, the decal matches nicely. A decal or two isn't bad, it's when guys go nuts with them that they look tacky IMO.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

man, so many HATERS....give him some slack he is a truck guy and so are all of you! get over it....dont listen to em they know there truck isnt badass like yours
Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

What were you using to clean those headers up? They look new!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

Thanks nick. Gmctruk 0000 steel wool and mothers chrome polish.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

The sticker looks good, and it has a story that's cool. Have you thought about having those headers coated? May be worth it if you plan to have the truck show worthy all the time. Another thing to consider for showing is have that air injection pipe removed from the #2 primary tube. It would really clean up the looks of those headers.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Banned

Thanks man. Actually skeet told me the exact same thing. About coating them and removing the flange.

Quick Reply: Couple updates