Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Paint Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Paint Ideas?

I've posted this on a few other forums, but I figure that more opinions couldn't hurt, so here goes.
I'm going to be repainting the Tahoe soon. I'm going back with the stock gray, but in talking to the painter last night, he offered to do some custom work at a great price to showcase some of his work.
I originally planned to just get rid of the moldings and just make it a really clean looking ride, but this has me thinking since it's a deal that would be hard to pass up. He suggested going with some ghost flames, but I'm not sure if I want to have ghost flames on my DD or not. I've pondered some kind of a hockey stripe like the Chargers or a single black stripe down the hood and rear, possibly with ghost flames on it.
I'm all for custom, but I'm not sure if I want to go this flashy with my DD or to just save it for my truck. Any suggestions? If you have pictures, send them my way. Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds cool. Those are the same combos I'll eventually consider on my ride. I want to not have too much goin on at the same time( it'll be too busy). Also, depending on the area u live in, custom paint draws more attn to your ride( yes, I worry bout thieves...like when some dick rolls thru my subdivision w/ tunes loud--> it screams look at me, I sank $$$ into my stereo system). Not tryin to poopoo your idea.
I think ghost flames are cool. On a DD, they're a nice custom touch, w/o gettin old on ya. I've thought of bold flames too. Or stripe(s). I want to have something I can live w/ on a daily basis & not say AAARGH! Why did I do that? Good luck & I def. want to see some pics of it finished.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I think ghost flames are cool.
x 2.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Ive always liked two tone with some striping splitting up the colors. Im not big on flames because everyone around here used to have them but Im sure done right they would look kickass.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like ghost flames too....I have noticed that flames in general have become quite popular the last few years though. Seems every other truck that I see in the magazines is flamed.