SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debadged and buffed out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its not 4wd i wouldnt put em on.. looks nice the way it is.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Beastofa327
Everyones has thier ways of getting off the moulding how did you do it?
I waited til it was above 90 degrees and put it right in the sun. I had to turn it around to do the other side as well.
The first side came off pretty easy, the whole door peice came off without leaving any adhesive at all!!!
The second side was more of a PITA. Still the adhesive came off just using my fingernail since it was so soft and squishy.
Some times I used a big ball of the adhesive I peeled off, to grab up all the rest of the smaller peices left behind.
The buffing part was a bitch, I bought a Milwaukee variable speed buffer to do it with a deep cleaning pad. No cutting agent wax, just Mothers carnuba two or three times in some spots.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JimS
I'd put the stickers on my tool box, not on the truck I also recommend painting the valance under the bumper to match the truck and I second the recommendation for tire shine.

Off-topic: I seem to remember you saying you had your truck tuned somewhere in the Chicago area. Any recommendations for me? Thanks, Jim (hope I didn't step on toes with the sticker placement recommendaton... I just don't like badges)
I had Nelson do my tune ever since the turbo install.
I'm going to try and get rid of the outer ring of the handles today, then they at least will look more like Esky handles for now.
I have to put the badges on man, its just me. I want people to know that a 4x4 smoked them, its even more funny that way!!
Going to pull the lower valance off and see about painting it black. Don't really care if it still has texture since the bumper cap does too.
The grille on the other hand with the greay plastic looks like *** too!
What the **** was GM thinking when they used all these different colored plastics. Freakin GOOFS.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Man I Have To Get Some Pics Of My Truck On Here!! Our Trucks Look Alot Alike, I Have A 99 Single Cab Shortbox Black Z71, The Day I Bought It I Removed All The Badges Including The Z71 Emblems, Now I Have Some 1500hd Emblems On My Doors With Black Bowties On Them, And Black Bowties On My Wheel Center Caps As Well As My Grill. I Also Have A Tahoe Grill And Black Mirror Covers And Door Handels, As Well As All My Interioir Peices, Plus Candied All My Lights,front And Rear,black. Plus My Windows Are Black.ill Try And Get Some Pics Up Soon, And I Have Some Vortec Max Emblems As Well As Some New Z71 Emblems On The Way. Nice Truck To By The Way.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by getchusum99
Man I Have To Get Some Pics Of My Truck On Here!! Our Trucks Look Alot Alike, I Have A 99 Single Cab Shortbox Black Z71, The Day I Bought It I Removed All The Badges Including The Z71 Emblems, Now I Have Some 1500hd Emblems On My Doors With Black Bowties On Them, And Black Bowties On My Wheel Center Caps As Well As My Grill. I Also Have A Tahoe Grill And Black Mirror Covers And Door Handels, As Well As All My Interioir Peices, Plus Candied All My Lights,front And Rear,black. Plus My Windows Are Black.ill Try And Get Some Pics Up Soon, And I Have Some Vortec Max Emblems As Well As Some New Z71 Emblems On The Way. Nice Truck To By The Way.
Post that baby up!!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:48 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome man! I'd leave it just like it is, and put one of the emblems on my toolbox, and the other either somewhere inside the cab (if it fits on the dash above the airbag off switch maybe), under the hood (firewall?), or on my fridge