Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denali trans temp gauge problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Denali trans temp gauge problem

I bought a use Denali cluster with the trans temp gauge. Just my luck the trans temp gauge dose not move. Even if I turn the ignition on and off it doesn't twitch like all the others. I took the cluster apart to see if I could see a problem, but no luck.
Has anyone else have this problem or know what I can do to fix it. I was going to call US speed to see if it can be fixed or if I have to replace the temp gauge.
Thanks for any help
Old 04-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by blue 01
I bought a use Denali cluster with the trans temp gauge. Just my luck the trans temp gauge dose not move. Even if I turn the ignition on and off it doesn't twitch like all the others. I took the cluster apart to see if I could see a problem, but no luck.
Has anyone else have this problem or know what I can do to fix it. I was going to call US speed to see if it can be fixed or if I have to replace the temp gauge.
Thanks for any help
I thought mine was broke too on my Escalade cluster when I first got it. I put it in during December (cold) and it never even read at all on the gauge, like it was below the lowest mark on it. As outside temps increased it started going up. What are the temperatures where you are at? If they aren't in the 40's or higher I wouldn't expect to see it do much. You should be able to drive it around a bit and at least see it creep up a tad. Or stall it up against the converter a few times and launch it and that should do it as well.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

It just sits at a little over the 100 mark. Temps here up to 65 and didn't see it move. I will try some stalls
Old 04-11-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I thought mine was broke too on my Escalade cluster when I first got it. I put it in during December (cold) and it never even read at all on the gauge, like it was below the lowest mark on it. As outside temps increased it started going up. What are the temperatures where you are at? If they aren't in the 40's or higher I wouldn't expect to see it do much. You should be able to drive it around a bit and at least see it creep up a tad. Or stall it up against the converter a few times and launch it and that should do it as well.
This was my situation as well. I have a huge tranny cooler and when Its 60* and below it wouldnt even show as warming up until I had made the 15 min drive to work.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Go yank a tree out of the ground. It will move. Mine hardly moves to due to the e-fans, and cooler that I have. But when it get's to the 90's and up around here, it starts to show like you would think it would.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Well I stalled the **** out 4 times last night. It didn't move a bit. Guess I got screwed on this buy. I am going to buy a new Escalate cluster.
Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Teching In

would you want to sell the denali cluster, and if so how much?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gdelleney
would you want to sell the denali cluster, and if so how much?
Yes. I put a Nu-image Diamond series White back ground on it. That was $100.00. Make me a reasonable offer. I will put the factory back ground back on if you don't want the Nu-image one. PM me back
Old 04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine doesnt move until about 20 min of driving on a 50 degree or so day. Rarely see it get very near the middle at all.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoomora
Mine doesnt move until about 20 min of driving on a 50 degree or so day. Rarely see it get very near the middle at all.
I'm with all the others here. I have a Z71 with the trans cooler. I bought just he gauge and installed in my cluster. I thought mine didn't work either. It very seldom heats up to any point where it will regester. Certianly not on short jaunts. Only after long cruising and some minor abuse does it decide to warm up a bit.

Quick Reply: Denali trans temp gauge problem